News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

OOC: Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 08, 2014, 11:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should the name be? (Poll will last until the 12, and please post name ideas)

This Poll
1 (7.1%)
Is Closed.
2 (14.3%)
Do Not
3 (21.4%)
Vote
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

The Skarzs

I don't know how I'm gonna be able to continue with Argunath if Iamthatis doesn't pay a little more attention to the previous posts. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Are you still accepting apps, if so can wildcats be reformed? If so I'll probably play Kaijo and Misak Helmos if not well I'll play these guys

Name: Klein Oulike
Species: Sand cat
Weapon (s): Shotel sword and Knobkierrie staff/club
Description (short, but thorough,please): Klein looks much like a typical sand cat, he is small in relation to most other cats and has black bands on his legs and the end of his tail. His fur is a soft, sandy colour. Klein wears a short white kilt belted with a woven grass belt from which hangs his shotel. He carries his knobkierrie on a belt strapped over his shoulder
Personality: Klein is not overly cruel and does not enjoy killing much, however he is a strong believer in feline supremacy and will stop at nothing to help his family to rule the world (referring to the scientific definition of family as part of the organism classification system. A bit of trivia, the cat family is Felidae and there are 38 species, well there were at the time this book I'm looking at was written anyway)
History (Optional, and no half pages): (No half pages? Shame, not for him but for other characters, possibly)
Other: He'll probably see the error of his ways and join the woodlanders if that's allowed because he's actually a really nice guy. Mate of.....

Name: Sagte
Species: Sand cat
Weapon (s): Dual shotel swords
Description (short, but thorough,please): Again a typical sand cat. She wears a white dress type thing and wears her shotels strapped in an X across her back. She wears a necklace of green river pearls
Personality: Sagte, like her mate, is quite kind but she does not hate killing as much as he does and she does not believe in feline supremacy as strongly as he does. Despite all this she is a ferocious fighter.
History (Optional, and no half pages): N/A
Other: Is, like her mate, likely to join the woodlanders instead (I did consider creating familial turmoil but I decided against it)

Name: Kejam
Species: Flat-headed cat
Weapon (s): Scimitar with an emerald pommel
Description (short, but thorough,please): Kejam wears a black tunic on top of a tunic of chainmail. The black tunic has a gold trim on the hem, neck and sleeves which end just above his wrists. He wears a black onyx ring on his right ring finger. He also wears a black cloak which matches the tunic and round metal shoulderpads. He is right handed and wears the scimitar on his left hip.
Personality: Brutal, sadistic, warlike
History (Optional, and no half pages): (Nah)
Other: N/A

Name: Resik
Species: Kodkod
Weapon (s): Bow and arrows, dual long daggers
Description (short, but thorough,please): IRL, Kodkod are the smallest cats in the Americas, just to give you some perspective on size. He wears a rough cloak and a leather kilt (Ancient Greek style)
Personality: Resik is young and naive, he is barely a teen and thus, this is his first battle. He is nervous but also excited and will probably feel awful about killing.
History (Optional, and no half pages): Resik's parents were murdered in front of him, a young sand cat took pity on him and begged his parents to let him join the family, they readily agreed though their hand was not a very influential one in his life. The sand cat child was Klein which causes him to regard the sand cat as an older brother.
Other: Will go anywhere Klein does because he can't bare to be apart from him and as such, if it is allowed of course, he shall also join the woodlanders

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

Of course wildcats can be reformed! The RP can take some really interesting twists with reformed characters. (I think, don't really know from experience.) As a matter of fact, Shade's character Yassen will more than likely reform. I say, why not?

Ungatt Trunn

I really need Shadefur to post with his character Iceclaw soon!

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Skarzs

I'd like to post a size scale thingy for the cat species, from largest to smallest from my knowledge. (Correct me if wrong)
1. Tiger
2. Lion
3. Jaguar
4/5. (Disputed) Leopard, Mountain Lion (Or puma, or panther, or cougar; same cat)
6. Cheetah
7/8/9. Others I have not taken into account.
Wildcats are the same size as large house cats, some of the smallest of the cat family :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Wild cats are A LOT bigger than house cats, they're about the same size as wolverines and badgers believe it or not (I think the books really messed up in that respect)

The Skarzs

I did say large house cats; I've seen some as big as a pitbull (yes, a house cat)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

What really? What breed was it? I'm guessing that it was probably a Maine coon, those are the biggest house cats I know of

Cornflower MM

Whoah! No fighting please! Oh, and I'd say the books didn't follow the chart, so I say we don't.

The Skarzs

We aren't fighting! We were merely discussing cat sizes.
Not sure what breed the cat was, but it was a house cat!

Ehm, yeah, I know the sizes aren't followed in the books, but I'm just giving a bit of knowledge so that people who don't know can go by that in knowing what cats are bigger than others, not other creatures like squirrels and whatnot.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ungatt Trunn

Corny, can we start the journey from the Abbey to Salamandastron now?

The Skarzs

Read the RP: she's been begging you to.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ungatt Trunn

Jetthebinturong

The Skarzs

If she doesn't see this when she gets on, I'll PM her for you, Jet. :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.