News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

"Alright. I'll take first watch. I think I'm a little more awake than you." He said. He rolled a small log over to the fire and sat on it. He drew his dirk and sat.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Cornflower MM

Bryony put up hers paws, "Easy! I was just curious! It's the way squirrels are, in case you didn't know. And no, I don't think he did. And he might want to have better manners! I'm not soft-hearted, and I wouldn't hesitate to hurt either of you." She said, at first her tone apologizing, then threatening.

The Skarzs

"Thanks, mate," Aggril said. "Wake me in an hour."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shade

Yassen was tempted to walk off and get in Redwall himself, he  knew there was no way they would let him in by himself. He needed Bryony. "Just hurry up," he growled.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Shade? You haven't posted as Falco and Reven for awhile. Just saying. :)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

OOC: Yeah....Kinda need you to post as them.

BIC: Bryony was quite tempted to smack this cat. "I'll take my own sweet time, thank you very much!" She snapped.

The Shade

OOC: Oops. Sorry about that.  :P BIC:

"Yes! Directions!" Reven said. "Er, do you know a room where we could possibly stay, with two beds?  If so, where is the beauty?" The dark-furred squirrel wasn't sure wether to be embarrassed or amused how he and Falco had got lost so quickly.

~~~~~~

Yassen grinned at the apparent short fuse of Bryony. "Touchy touchy! It was just a suggestion. Seeing as you're not really getting on with him either." he added, nodding to the cat with the sketch book.

Cornflower MM

"Well, if you don't like me taking my time, even though I have better things to do, why don't you go find the Abbey yourself?" Bryony suggested sweetly, too sweetly.
----------------------------------
Arya raised her eyebrows, Did this cute squirrel just call me, "Beauty"? Wow. Times must be rough if he's flirting with rather plain looking me. Arya thought. She was wrong, though, she wasn't "Plain looking" In fact, she was quite pretty, even if she didn't realize it. "There's no need for you to stay together, unless you absolutely want to." She said, then called over her shoulder to Kaylan, "See you later, Kaylan!" She smiled again at the two squirrels. "Well, this way!" She said laughingly, then playfully hooked her arms through theirs and led them towards the guest rooms.

The Skarzs

OOC: Lol, this is getting a bit awkward.

BIC: Aggril rested his back against a tree, and his eyes began to droop. Soon he would be asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Argunath was walking on the ramparts again, and he hummed a song as he remembered the words in his head.

How long, how far, are you today?
Seasons and trials, have driven away,
All we were, all we could be.
Not what we did want.
Now gone, and vanquished, is our love.
No one can put back, what we have lost.
In my heart, I wish to have
And I still long for thee.
Broken, and wasted, and still far away.
Great is the wound that plagues me each day.
Will you wait, to find me come,
Some day back, to you. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan watched Arya leave with the two squirrels and shook her head, appalled. She hated lovey-dovey stuff. What's up with Arya?

But then she shrugged, tucked the repaired arrow in the quiver slung over her shoulder and then slung her bow over that. Then she strode downstairs and outside, intending to go up to the walltop for a little while.

It was evening. Clouds scudded across the sky, and a light breeze floated past. Kaylan mounted the wallstairs and gazed out over the western flatlands.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Argunath peered at the west wall, seeing a form standing there. The cougar strode toward the form, curious as to who it was.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shade

"Stop messing about, you know as well as I do they won't let the likes of me in be myself," Yassen said, exasperated. "Look, I can nearly see the spires from here. I don't quite know what you're doing, but is a short walk to the abbey so much to ask? Besides, don't you want to carry on traveling?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Reven laughed when Arya suggested serparate rooms. "I think the reason is he's a bit scared of the dark," he whispered conspiringly. "Yes, that's got to be it."

Falco rolled his eyes at his friend, slightly annoyed. "Oh, grow up Rev. Sometimes you can be a bit immature. Like you can talk, anyway. Remember three moons back when we were camping in the forest and you "heard a noise"? You tried to dig a hole to hide in."

"Always got to have the last answer haven't you?" Reven grinned. "Er, Ayra, how far are you taking us?"

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan sensed somebeast was watching her and turned around. Through the shadowy evening twilight she could see a figure approaching across the Abbey lawns. "Oi! Who's there?"

The Skarzs

It took a little for Argunath to recognize the otter as Kaylan. "It is I, Argunath," he called back.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

The ottermaid was a bit surprised, then suspicious. She casually fingered her bow. "Oh? What're you doing out here then?" Probably scouting out the Abbey grounds so he can report back to the wildcats about the layout of this place, she thought.