New video game idea! In desperate need of help!

Started by Blaggut, February 06, 2014, 07:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Good idea?

Horrible idea
1 (8.3%)
Omg Blaggut, ur so stupid
0 (0%)
Maybe good
7 (58.3%)
Probably bad
2 (16.7%)
Can work! :)
0 (0%)
Great! Will earn game of the year!
1 (8.3%)
I'm gonna steal the game! >:D
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Blaggut

Not tonan say much, so it doesn't get stolen. Basically, the world was hit by asteroids and radioactive material spilled out, killing or mutating every species on earth. The turtle survived cuzmif their shells :P but have become über-smart. You roam the world searching for quests. As you progress you become strong enough to defend yourself, be called "sir" from the rulers, and defeat the magic quests that pop along your way. You also find pennies and quarters which help, though I will not say here.

Dont steal! Don't steal! Don't steal!
~Just a soft space boi~

Norham Waterpaw

Wait, so if everything died or was mutated, are there just turtles?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rusvul

The main problem with making a game is the making of it. Ideas are fairly easy, coding takes hundreds of hours of difficult and mind-draining work. Of course, you also need artwork, and that's pretty difficult too- Being good at artwork doesn't necessarily translate into being good at game artwork. You also need music, which can cause problems if you don't make it yourself...
That being said, I don't think you're in any danger of your game idea being stolen, and unless you're a coder, artist, composer, and you have a year or two of almost entirely free time, you're going to need some help.

Some factors that make it more or less difficult would be:
2D game or 3D?

What sort of graphics- Pixxely (Like old Mario games), cartoony (Like new Mario games), or realistic (Like Skyrim and various FPS)?

Open world, or would you travel through zones?

What sort of character voices? Full voiceover, voiceover on main quests, just voice on the first few words of a text box, no VO..?

How long would the game be?

I'm not sure you can get a lot of help without sharing your idea more... Oh, and if your graphics are 2d and pixelly or cartoony, I might be able to help. Otherwise, no chance. I'm not a coder, as of yet... My knowledge extends only to modifying small things in Starbound, which is made in LUA, which is pretty simple.

Blaggut

Some living creatures exist, but are mutated. Turtles and bunnies kept their innocence and aren't insane. Though bunnies and turtles have become extremely smart, due to the mutation. That's it.

It's basically a replica of earth, with major cities to. 3D graphics. Text boxes when interacting with stuff. Open world. No "end" of the game.

If anyone could help with graphics coding, sounds, music, anything else, say so! Thanks! ;)
~Just a soft space boi~

Rusvul

Eeeeee... Yeah. Outside of my extremely limited area of not-even-expertise. 3D graphics... Open world... As far as I understand, those are some of the most difficult things to code...
Actually seems like post-modern radioactive turtle Skyrim minus dragons, at least to me :P

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

MatthiasMan

Well, it's a start, but it would need LOTS of work. 

If there are only turtles, there would need to be clans of turtles.

I would suggest clan names like:

Wisdom Clan

Fire Clan

Power Clan

Courage Clan

Balance Clan

Or some stuff like that.

Norham Waterpaw

Hmm... How about different divisions? Maybe instead of clans (which by the way, good idea Matthias! I'm not trying to outdo it  ;) )

Maybe a city for snapping turtles, a city for sliders, and so on?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on February 10, 2014, 11:44:44 PM
Hmm... How about different divisions? Maybe instead of clans (which by the way, good idea Matthias! I'm not trying to outdo it  ;) )

Maybe a city for snapping turtles, a city for sliders, and so on?

Too add on to that, each clan can represent a type of turtle.

Perhaps the snapping turtle would be of the Power Clan.

Huge tortoises would definitely be of the Wisdom Clan,

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: MatthiasMan on February 11, 2014, 11:22:48 PM
Huge tortoises would definitely be of the Wisdom Clan,

Or may'apz zey could be zome zort o' Extreme Defence Clan or zummat.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Blaggut

Great clan ideas! But really it's just forts. The turtles are mostly the small kind. Also, just so you'll know, it's my friend who made up this idea, but we're both working on the stuff. Anyone know any good gaming companies? I couldn't find any fitting ones, especially not here in Texas/Arkansas!

(I say that cuz we are right on the border of the two states, and it's called... Wait for it.. Texarkana! :P
~Just a soft space boi~

Rusvul

In general, there's not many people willing to make a game on-commisson. If/when they are, it's quite expensive..

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Blaggut on February 12, 2014, 08:13:25 PM
Great clan ideas! But really it's just forts. The turtles are mostly the small kind. Also, just so you'll know, it's my friend who made up this idea, but we're both working on the stuff. Anyone know any good gaming companies? I couldn't find any fitting ones, especially not here in Texas/Arkansas!

(I say that cuz we are right on the border of the two states, and it's called... Wait for it.. Texarkana! :P

Why not get in contact with Nintendo. But, actually Genesis is better. 

Also, get in touch with Bottle Rocket Apps. http://www.bottlerocketapps.com/index.html

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

Emperor Ublaz

That could work, except for some scientific details. Like, how could a turtle become smart by mutation? Scientifically, mutations cannot ADD to an organism's genetic code. They can simply alter it, usually in a bad way. Of course, this is science FICTION...
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!