Main Menu

Steampunk RP!

Started by The Shade, February 10, 2014, 07:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRose

Eep, I can't resist this one.

Name: Victoria (Vicky) Harper
Species: Otter
Appearance: Light brown fur, and sporting a long forelock dyed red. She wears a leather jacket over a red blouse and black skirt, as well as a pair of tinted goggles.
Personality: Lighthearted, with a 'free to live as I please' sort of demeanor. She's friendly and laid back, but when anyone crosses her, they regret it. Vicky loves to play, and pranks on other creatures are her favorite past-time.
Affiliation: Rebels.
Weapons: Vicky carries a steel-tipped whip and a poison dart gun.
Other: She makes a lovely spy.

Gabriel Harper, Vicky's father, is an automobile manufacturing tycoon who was an avid supporter of the Empire. Vicky became a rebel when he tried to set her up with the heir of an airship factory.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Shade

Great, accepted!  ;)

Uh, right, I shall have that thread up soon! :P
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Rusvul

Hey! So, I wanted to get inside the head of my character a little more (I'm looking forward to this RP,) and also I'm not satisfied with the unfinished work I've posted here- Honestly, I find a lot of the things I've posted here to be cringeworthy. Makes me want to put out some things that aren't. Such as this. I don't think this is cringeworthy- About an hour of work... Didn't take me long, but it's much more of, I think, my actual skill with writing. Not saying that skill is immense- But I think it's more than I've shown here.
Okay. I'm going to stop my semicoherent rambling (Gotta love that term; sounds so good.) and just give you a link.

Of Cruelty and Shadows

Rusvul

Sorry for the double post, but is this going to start? At any point in the relatively near future?

Cornflower MM

Rus, Shade told me that his CPU time got cut, so he can't be on as much. I'll remind him...*Sigh* ::)
Okay, I'll make you a deal:

You give me a run-down on what steampunk IS, and I will way then likely join up. BUT if you can't motivate your lazy butt (Sorry. Couldn't really resist) enough to give me the run-down, I'll get someone else and still more than likely join. Deal?

Rusvul

My butt is not lazy. Here. Steampunk.

Imagine Victorian England- But everything is powered by steam and clockwork. In the big cities, nobles wear elaborate suits, dresses, hats, and goggles. They have workers who toil endlessly in the highly mechanized facilities- Shoveling coal into furnaces to produce steam, winding cranks to power clockwork, many similar and sometimes even darker tasks. In this city, there is a port- But the ground is often unsafe, and the city is far from the ocean. Airships fly from this port, fueled by coal and held aloft by a massive airbag. But where there is trade, there will be pirates. They fly similar airships- But heavily armed and armored, they fly in with cannons of iron and clockwork-brass machine guns, wreaking devestation on all who cannot defend themselves. Some of these are scoundrels and blackguards, taking what should not be theirs, and others are rebels, fighting a corrupt empire for freedom, in a dystopian world. Elaborate guns, cannons, swords, and clothing are not uncommon- Nor is sabotage, intrigue, drama, and combat. However, the Steampunk genre can be more peaceful- A thriving academic civilization, with automata-organized libraries, and advanced gear-powered computation devices. Steampunk encompasses anything and everything that fits with the idea or aesthetic- Or anything that can be made to do so.

Cornflower MM

Not your butt! Shade's! I PM'ed him. Thanks for the run-down, Rus! Sounds interesting. I'll join! Now, this sheet maight not be Steampuink-ish enough, but Oh well!

Name:Arya Brushtail
Species:Squirrel
Side: Rebel
Appearance: Nut brown all over. She has a few exceptions: Her ears and nose are pith0-black, and she has a white dot in the shape of a teardrop on her forehead. her eyes are deep, dark blue Sort of like this color:
Spoiler
She wears: A dark-green tunic, with a a belt, and dark brown boots that come up to her knee. Also has black fingerless gloves, and earplugs that enable her to hear all but really high pitched poises that would normally damage ears.
Personality: Stubborn, unyielding, and determined. She's also sweet, kind, and nice, but doesn't really like doing business with males. Clever and crafty, Arya uses her brain, and would rather talk than fight. Most of the time. Rather sarcastic.
Weapons: A bow, with arrows that can do various things, from releasing a high pith that temporarily stuns the enemy, to emitting a cloud of gas, with every thing in between. She also has a hand-and-a-half sword, with matching scabbard and belt. The sword just a sword, nothing special. She has a dagger which she keeps in her left boot, that can release poison, or an antidote to it.
Other: She was a slave with a cruel master, but escaped, being the only one to do so.

The Shade

Accepted! Can't believe I messed this up.  ::) All who still want to play post! I need to see how many people are still interested, although I'll probably start it anyway, what with all the harassing PMs.  :P
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Rusvul

Norham Waterpaw

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

BlueRose

Totally still interested! I love steampunk! (I'd like it even more if I could pull it off irl...)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Rusvul

Steps to pulling off steampunk:

1. Wear goggles

No, that's horrible advice, don't do that unless you're an engineer or you work on an airship. Unless it's on a hat. In which case that makes no sense anyway. Myself, I'm a pirate, so I wear goggles.

Cornflower MM

Haha! My harrassing PM worked! Oops, did I just admit that? I'm still in!

Unimaginative

SHUMURHSEN HURHSEN BURSHEN..

You did say post, and I felt like being the Swedish Chef, so...
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

BlueRose

Shaaaaadddeeee........................