im doing a nay gramer topic

Started by The Shade, February 10, 2014, 08:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

should u use grammer?

yea
nah
maybe im not sure

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on February 28, 2014, 08:04:02 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on February 20, 2014, 09:11:55 PM
You know what hurts worst! Everyone's making SPELLING ERRORS! THAT'S NOT GRAMMAR! Think double-negatives, run-on's, fragments, etc. Geez.  ::)
Can you please tell me what a double negative and a run on sentence are because I don't have no ideas also what is a fragment and do you like pie?

A double negative is when you use two "negative" terms in tangent (together). Such as: That isn't not possible! Run on's are two or (heaven forbid) more independent (complete) phrases that aren't separated by punctuation. A fragment is the complete opposite, it is a dependent phrase (technically a clause really).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach, Ah'm zeein' lezzez grammar errorz an'ed more zpellin'in'in' errorzer! *Dancez*

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rusvul

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 04, 2014, 01:41:07 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on February 28, 2014, 08:04:02 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on February 20, 2014, 09:11:55 PM
You know what hurts worst! Everyone's making SPELLING ERRORS! THAT'S NOT GRAMMAR! Think double-negatives, run-on's, fragments, etc. Geez.  ::)
Can you please tell me what a double negative and a run on sentence are because I don't have no ideas also what is a fragment and do you like pie?

A double negative is when you use two "negative" terms in tangent (together). Such as: That isn't not possible! Run on's are two or (heaven forbid) more independent (complete) phrases that aren't separated by punctuation. A fragment is the complete opposite, it is a dependent phrase (technically a clause really).
oh thank you I'm not confused no more and by the way do you enjoy gramer?

MeadowR

let me sing a nursery rhyme without punctuation hey diddle diddle the cat played the fiddle the cow jumped over the moon the little dog laughed to see such fun and the dish ran away with the spoon

bit random but yeah :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

BadgerLordFiredrake

grammar difference there spelling is a between and.
baby turtle forever

Tam and Martin

I know theres a difference between the two.

BadgerLordFiredrake

baby turtle forever

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin