Looking for a new book or book series Wot Wot.

Started by Iamthatis, February 17, 2014, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iamthatis

Hello everyone I have six books left to read in the Redwall book series. After I'm done I don't know what to read. I was woundering you all can give me some idea's. My favorite type of books are Fantasy, Sci Fi, Adventure, Manga, Nature and books that are based on Video games. But if you know a book or book series of any kind I am open to hear about them. Thank You!!!!
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

BlueRose

Chronicles of Chrestomanci by Dianna Wynne Jones, Howl's Moving Castle by same, the FireBird trilogy by Kathy Tyers.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Iamthatis

Thanks Bluerose I will take a look at them when I have a chance. I knew I could count on you.
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

BlueRose

Always. (And especially when I can recommend good books. :P)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Iamthatis

RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Kera Thorn Bladewind

The Mistmantle Chronicles, Artemis Fowl, The Unwanteds, Warriors, Watership Down (depending on how old you are, if you're under twelve probably not...), Guardians of Ga'Hoole...

Rainshadow

Airborn (by Kenneth Oppel), but that one does have a bit of language in it...  Not a lot, though.  Maybe two or three instances.  It's an interesting book, though!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Wylder Treejumper

If you are looking for books similar to Redwall, try the Mistmantle Chronicles.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

BlueRose

Ooh, Kenneth Oppel is good. I like the ones about the bats.

Rusvul

Eaaaahhhhh... Personally, I started reading the Mistmantle books... I really really really hated the premises of the story. I won't spoil it for you if you decide to read, but there's definitely something very, very wrong about the kingdom the book starts in. I'm sure it's solved by the end of the book/series, but it's awful regardless.

If you're not too worried about swearing and milk adult content (At least, in the first three books) then I strongly suggest A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams. I found the fourth book to be less interesting and more... adult... But the series is nonetheless hilarious. Happy doors, paranoid android, starships that run on infinite improbability and bistromathics, translating fish that you stick in your ear, a time-traveling cafe that zips back and forth from right before the end of the universe to directly in it (nice view).

It's a Sci-fi classic, for sure.

Cornflower MM

Let's see....

If you're into Greek and Egyptian Mythology, anything by Rick Riordan. That guy writes some freakin' good books! Plus, nothing too adult-ized in them. But start with the Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Warriors, Seekers, Survivors, by Erin Hunter.
Guardians of Ga'hoole, Wolves of the Beyond, by Katheryn Lasky. (First name might not be spelled right.)
Castaways of the Flying Dutchman, by guess who? Brian Jacques!

BlueRose

Yeah, it gets better, Rusvul.

I'm not aloud to read A Hitchhikers Guide, but I have heard that it's funny.

As far as Sci-Fi goes, Robert A. Hienlin (my spelling is probably off) is a fantastic author.

Contrary to what Cornflower suggested, I say not to read the Survivors. I love the Warriors, but Survivors isn't Erin Hunter's best work by a long shot.

Iamthatis

Thank You all for telling me about these books I have wrote them down and will be looking them up on the Barnes and Noble website. :)
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

BlueRose

If you want a good manga/anime, I suggest Rurouni Kenshin. (I just finished watching the live action. It was awesome.)