News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Heroes of Redwall: The Return of Zanzuthari Deathhound

Started by AbbotAlf0809, February 21, 2014, 04:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Duniya sighed, the otter had noticed her after all though that wasn't really surprising considering she had jumped out of a tree. She shook her head, clearly this pond was some sort of social gathering place, she would need to find somewhere secluded and preferably out of the cold, she wondered if there were coverings over any of those battlements.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gonff the Mousethief

Nate and Tonto had made their way to cavern hole.
''Ha ha, good one Nat-''
''what is it Tonto?'
''D-D-Davidari!!!!! The Legend!''
''Really! where!''
Tonto ran to him.
''Sah, this is an honor to be here! Ive always wanted to meet ya sah!''

************************************************************************************************
Sir Metaltalon was leaving his mountain. He felt that someone was in danger. He took off into the winter sky.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Dannflower Reguba

Arraka was seriously starting to worry, the beasts seemed to be flowing in, numbers rising without cease. After loitering around armory and vittles tents, she decided to send Redwall a message. Briefly stopping in a mess tent, she whispered, "Cara Redwall malum ortum est, cave hostium s?culo." She looked up, no beast could have known what she was doing.

At Redwall, a whisper like the wind rang through the halls, "Dear Redwall: Evil is on the rise, be wary of foes long forgotten."
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gonff the Mousethief

Metaltalon looked down. He saw the blood and gore. He was the aftermath of Zanzuthari Deathhound. He flew a little faster.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

The Shade

Quote from: W0NWILL on February 25, 2014, 10:08:50 PM
OOC: We aren't being very consistent with the season. What season is it  really, Alf?
OOC: Judging by his posts it's winter, so that's what I'm going with. BIC:

Welkin was surprised at the amount of travelers who just seemingly just appeared, but not only this, almost all of them seemed to know each other as well. Still, the dark-furred wildcat didn't mind, it was nice to be around sociable beasts rather than then the many thieves and robbers he had encountered on his journey.

~

Apon seeing the recruitment weasel, four black rats and two large black-clad forms marched towards him. The rats looked short and runty, armed only with short spears. The first large mysterious figure was completely hidden beneath a huge flowing cape and hood, so his species was impossible to tell. The second was dressed in black armour, and like the first, it wasn't possible to tell what sort of creature he was. It was he who stepped forward to the weasel.

"Where is your captain? I would like to speak with him."
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

AbbotAlf0809

The weasel was writing something down and said still looking at his paper, "Hey look buddy, not just anyone can see-" he stopped mid-sentance, dropping his pen, he pointed at the large black tent with the crimson strands along the side, "He... he's in there!" He studdered looking at the gaping black figures.

"Razer!" Said Davidari hugging his old friend, he then crouched down and said to Riallo, "I've never met this little fellah before!" He patted Riallo on the head and turned to Nate and Tonto. Davidari smiled at the two friends, he patted Nate and Tonto on the back and said, "Good to meet you two two as well! What's are your names?"

Abbot Amaru soon heard the message and looked at the abbey dwellers, "Now you all have gotten a Janice to meet Lord Davidari, now head off. I must talk with the elders here." He motioned at Davidari, Jag, Shadow, Razer, and why don't you newcomer join us?"

The Shade

OOC: I'm assuming you meant Welkin. If not, I'm gonna look sooo stupid.  :D BIC:

Welkin's head snapped around as he realized the Abbot himself had addressed him.

"Uh, certainly sir", he spluttered. "It's an honour!"

He'd be lying if he said he wasn't nervous, only a chosen handful had been selected, although he was slightly reassured as he noticed a couple of his own species had been chosen too. Well, they certainly didn't discriminate species here! He wasn't sure what the meeting was about, but from the chatter of the reunited creatures it was something to do with danger from the north.

~

The tall black-armoured beast dismissed the weasel with a single nod, and beckoned his companions to follow him. Arriving at the indicated tent, the amoured beast moved the flap aside for the cloaked figure, who stepped gingerly inside.

"I have heard tell of a ship, that will be sailing from Mossflower soon." the mysterious hooded figure uttered.  "Is there any chance me and my servants might set sail with yer?"
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

AbbotAlf0809

OOC: Well actually they sailing from Mossflower to get renforced by troops from voss.

BIC: Zanthar looked up at the black clad figures and snarled, "And what interest would you have in assisting me? As a matter of fact I have just sent my lieutenant, Miharig, to the island of Voss to ask for more troops and support from the Empire of Kotir. Once he returns we plan on marching against Redwall. Abbey. Although, you would seem a potential asset...." he leaned back in his chair and stroked his chin. He thought of how he could use then for his attack. "Alright, your both officers."

Abbot Amaru gathered the woodlanders around a table and said, "My friend in Agutrot, Arakka, has alerted me about an evil brewing in Mossflower. A so called long forgotten enemy."

Rainshadow

Jag glanced at Davidari, wondering if the mouse knew anything about this enemy.  Unfortunately, he couldn't read the warrior's face, so he turned to Shadow, who was standing beside him.  She looked just as confused as he did.

"Father," the she-cat started, "did this Arakka tell you who the enemy may be?"

Before he had thought through his statement, Jag snorted, saying, "Aye, we ain't got much to go on.  Just some vague, mysterious report that could mean anythin'!"

The black she-cat glared at her husband, as if willing him to shut up.

"Er, sorry, Padre...  No disrespect to yer friend.  Just... oh, never mind."

OOC:  I've suddenly realized that I haven't posted at all with Chelonia.  Any idea where she might come in?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

Meanwhile, Arraka was having difficulty finding a spot where she could send a more in-depth message without raising suspicions. In the meantime she sent a signal that she had only informed Amaru himself as to the meaning. The squirrel casually flicked her fingers in the direction of Redwall, this in turn caused a deeper, more ethereal sound to come from the bell. The sound was low, and wasn't very loud, but it signaled a message was coming soon.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

AbbotAlf0809

Abbot Anaru looked at the beasts gathered around and said, "I have a job for you all. I need you to travel to Agutrot. There seems to be amiss there. The evil we seek may very we'll be in that scum hold. Our friend Arakka has informed me of this. You all must gather a sizable group and investigate this evil " Davidari looked around and said, "We shall leave at dawn father abbot."

Norham Waterpaw

Wisp was in a good position. He had heard everything the Abbot just said. He stalked into the room.

He bowed low. "Father Abbot, you may have need of my services... As you can see, I am a sable. The vermin forces would not suspect much from a beast such as me, if covert operations were necessary.
I can fight well, and could set the whole place aflame before any vermin could sneeze."
He remained bowed, awaiting an answer.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

The Skarzs

Kliegh Sholdron let the cold wind whip at him; he didn't care, for he did his best work in the cold. Steamy breath wisped out from under his helmet as he peered through its eye slits. Ahead there was a place called Agutrot, and he wished to see if he could get any work there; life had been far too slow of late. After a little more walking, the ferret picked the first group of beasts he saw and tapped a rat on the shoulder. "I'm looking for work; know of anybeast who needs help?"
The rat pointed a claw. "That way. There's a big gatherin' happening an' more are a'comin' in every day. Might be your type of job," He added, looking at his armor with greedy eyes.
"Good. Thank you. Eh, by the way," Kliegh said, putting his paw on the rat's arm. "You look a little cold."
The rat gasped and pulled back as his arm suddenly became almost frozen. The ferret turned tail on the confused rat and walked in the direction of the growing 'gathering'.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Tonto, former Long Patrol Hare sah!, This here is Nate.!
Tonto looked at Davidari walking off. Ah forget it Nate, hey can you go to your dorm and get me bow and pan will ya!''
''Sure pal.''
Nate hobbled to his dorm. Tonto had a plan. He walked past the place of the group. He went around the corner then came back silently. He heard them talking about going somewhere. Maybe this could be his break!
''Ehem, Father, what were you saying about Agutrot? Well, before I came here, I visited that place well wot! I believe I can be of some assistance?''
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on February 27, 2014, 01:49:26 AM
Wisp was in a good position. He had heard everything the Abbot just said. He stalked into the room.

He bowed low. "Father Abbot, you may have need of my services... As you can see, I am a sable. The vermin forces would not suspect much from a beast such as me, if covert operations were necessary.
I can fight well, and could set the whole place aflame before Zanthar could sneeze."
He remained bowed, awaiting an answer.

OOC: You guys don't know it's Zanthar yet.