News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

"Oh, right. You last saw him there. Good, at least we have something to go on. I'd forgotten about that," Fern answered, a little sheepishly. She turned to the others. "We're going to head to the river, where we know for sure that Skipper was last seen." She then lowered her voice and asked Marshall, "Can you remember which part of the river it was? Would you be able to find the area again?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

Monka looked up at Bryony, and swore, why hadn't she just forgotten him, and gone home? Now they would both die.
"Bryony." Monka hissed after sorting out his internal battle, "What the hell are you doing here?"

Gonff the Mousethief

''Yes, it was near Log A Log's camp. It will only take us an hour, two tops.''
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

"Great! Here, Marshall, you can lead the way," Fern responded, slowing down a little so Marshall could get ahead of her. She fell in step beside Mycroft, and they walked on together, not saying much. But each knew that the other was hoping that they'd soon find Skipper and his crew, unharmed.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

''Thanke Marm!''
Marshall led the way. He hoped to find the camp soon.

OOC: can we skip to the time that they reach the camp?
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Sure! I guess when Corny gets online her ghost is gonna chase us all the way to the camp, though. That'll be quite funny. :D

Cornflower MM

OOC: Yup\ up up!! That's just something I say from time to time...Basically it's "Yup!"

BIC: The ghost frowned, or did a ghostlt approximation of it. He decided to do tyhis the short way, and then appeared in front of the group. It was hard to do ioutside the Abbey, but not impossible.
----------------------------------------
"I don't know! Skipper told me to get on the ship, and wait for him. He's going back to Redwall to get reinforcements. How did
I get into this? I didn't ask for it!" Bryony said, almost hysterically. She was also near tears. She shut the door, and went over to him and started vainly tugging on the chains.

rachel25

"Stoppit Bryony!" Monka snapped," Go now, and get off this ship now. This has nothing to do with you. Someone's going to be coming back to take me to the galleys any second now. Leave while you still can!"

Cornflower MM

At this, Bryony burst into tears. Hey, she couldn't help it, she was confused. Plus, now Monka was snapping and yelling at her. "I-I-I'm s-s-s-orry." She stammered, and made a valiant, but futile, effort to stop crying. Then she tugged on the chains again, and flew backwards. "Hey, look!" She said, amazed. It had been rusty, and all her tugging had done it. She held up one of the ends of the chains.

rachel25

Monka jumped up, and swore viciously at Bryony, "You idiot! Now they'll know you were here! Oh, why can't you just leave?"
Monka then jumped as the door opened, and three corsairs walked in.  They too were surprised to see the prisoner was free, and that there was another squirrel in there. But they soon got over this, and drew their weapons. "On the floor now!" A stoat shouted, pointing a cutlass at Monka's throat.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Have we worked out who the ghost is, btw?

Anyway, I'll assume that they've almost reached the Guosim camp, but not quite.

BIC:

Marshall led them along for a while. Fern hoped they'd reach the river soon. After a little over an hour, she thought she heard voices and a faint sound of rushing water. She grinned at Mycroft.

"Hear that? We must be nearly there!"

Without warning, a ghostly figure appeared ahead of the group, shrouded in mist. Fern stood stock still, surprised and unnerved.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall saw the figure also. He grabbed Fern and Mycroft and ran yelling, ''RUN TO THE CAMP! HURRY!!!!!''
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Slight powerplay, but it's fine. ;)
BIC:

Fern and Mycroft were rushed along by Marshall. Fern didn't try to resist; she was anxious to get to the camp, for she was a bit frightened by the ghostly apparition. Behind her, the group of Redwallers panicked and ran towards the camp as well.

After a few minutes of running, they reached a small clearing by the river. Fern looked around and saw that they'd reached the Guosim camp.

rachel25

OOC: I guess it's up to Cornflower who it is.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Why, it's Martin of course! Hello, have I not left enough hints?
QuoteIt had one goal in mind: Redwall needed its Abbess, at all times. The Abbess was leaving. Get the Abbess back safely....
Anyone?

BIC: Bryony's eyes widened, and she started hunching over, and started fishing in the packs desperately. "Please, please, please." She whimpered, her paws shaking, as she dug through the packs. She knew that the other two would be coming after her any second now...Aha! She leaped up, wielding her dagger. "Stay back." She warned, and as one of the corsairs sneered, she rolled her eyes and sighed. "Oh, alright. I've a better idea" The two of you" She indicated the two free corsairs " Fight me. While you" She indicated the stoat who had his cutlass at Monka's throat "Stay over there, shut the door, and stay out of this. Are we agreed?" She asked, idly twirling her dagger. She spared a brief glance towards Minka, and hoped her eyes conveded her message: While I fight these two, I'll keep from getting killed, kill them, and start on the big guy holding you. When he's surprised that I'm coming at him, you get loose, and helkp me.