News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Sorry.

BIC: Marshall was so releaved to reach the Gousim camp. He went over to Log A Log's tent and sat down.
''Loggy, im back!''
''Well thats just great! Who ya brought with ya?''
''Abbess Fern, Her Husban, Mycroft, and some Redwallers. We came lookin' for Skip.''
''Hmmm, introuduce em to meh, and ill try to help!''
''Thanks Loggy.''
They both walked out of the tent, and went over to Fern.
Marshall introtuced Fern to Log A Log.
''Fern, this is Log A  Log, he has agreed to help us find Skip!''
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Don't worry about it! I've done much worse, believe me.
BIC:

"That's wonderful! Thank you, Log a Log! Oh, I'm Fern, the Abbess of Redwall. This is my husband, Mycroft." She looked up and noted the sun's position to see how much daylight was left (it was late afternoon), then asked, "Do you know anything about the whereabouts of Skipper?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

The corsairs all looked at each other, then laughed, "I don't think so missy." The one holding Monka jeered, and pressed harder on Monka's throat. "Drop your blade now, and you won't be cleaning thissen's innards up off the floor. And, Budno, go inform the Captain, that we have a little visitor."
One of the corsairs nodded, and head for the door.   
Monka chocked as the blade pushed against his throat, the corsair then grabbed his arm, and held it behind his back.

Cornflower MM

Bryony bit her lip, then bent down and put her dagger on the floor. She winced as Monka was further man-handled, allowed the other corsair to tie her paws up. Then she sat down on the floor.
------------------------------
The ghost was quite frustrated. Then he started to float through the back of Log-A-Log's tent, and then stamped his ghostly paw. He floated towards Fern, and then wisps of mist formed letters in front of her: Go back to Redwall, Mothere Abbess. Your Abbey needs you. Then he waited.

OOC: Slight PP there, having the letters in front of her face. And please, can they NOY go screaming and running? At least, not until Fern sees the ghostly message?

rachel25

"Now, that's better." The corsair holding Monka smiled nastily. A moment later Scarlet, and Reki walked into the hold, the latter carrying a lantern. "Well, well, well. What do we have here." Scarlet purred.
Monka spat at her, and as a reward was hit across the head with a sword handle, by the corsair who was holding him. "You'll pay for that." Monka snarled.
"I think this one's ready for his branding, and brand the other one too. She can be taken to work in the kitchen." Scarlet announced, then turned, and left.
"I told you that you shouldn't have come." Monka groaned to Bryony.
---------------------------
Cien lay on his back, in his cabin. Not really sure what to do, should be escape? No, he couldn't do that, and leave the others. Should he escape, and free the others? No, that ended horribly last time, so much blood, and fire....no. Well, even if he did escape then what? Scarlet would only go, and hurt everyone at the Abbey. Oh, what a mess. Why hadn't he just burnt those darn plans? Why had he wanted to so clever as to hide them? Well, he just hoped that no one ever, ever found them.

OOC: Hey! Jukka, I just had a thought. What if likkle Girdle found the plans!

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Ooh, yeah! Maybe Glirid could find 'em! Just wondering, where'd Cien hide them? In the walls of his room? BIC:

Suddenly, behind Log a Log and Marshall, Fern saw the same apparition drifting along. Her ears shot straight up and she and Mycroft backed off nervously, while the Redwallers dashed for the cover of the trees in fright. But just then some writing appeared in front of her, hovering in midair. She read it and then glanced towards the ghost uncomfortably. "Um, so you want me to go back now? I can't! We've come all this way, and haven't found Skipper yet! And who are you anyway?"

Mycroft gave his wife a strange glance. He couldn't see the writing, as it was meant for Fern only, and he had no idea what she was talking about.
-------------------------------------------
Glirid had awoken from his nap and was now trying to steal candied chestnuts from the kitchens without the kitchen helpers noticing.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall and Log A Log ran towards thier tent.
''Fern! What do ya mean?''
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: I'm assuming they ran 'cause they turned around and saw the ghost. BIC:

"Can't you see the writing right here in front of me?" Fern asked, a little annoyed and increasingly nervous. "That ghost wrote it!" She realized how weird that sounded, but continued, half to herself, "The same ghost who's been appearing at Redwall lately!"

Cornflower MM

The ghost stamped his paw. No! You can't stay! You've got to back to Redwall! You can leave Mr. Ears over there with these good beasts to look for Skipper...Just go back to Redwall, for oak's sake! And, I'm Martin the Warrior, you ninny.
----------------------------------------
Bryony's eyes widened when she heard the word "Branding" She whimpered again, her eyes ping-ponging between Monka and Scarlet. "Tell that to Skipper." Bryony said in answer to Monka.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Lol, I cracked up when Martin called Fern a ninny. He certainly seems rather annoyed with her. ;D BIC:

"Martin?" Fern whispered as she read the misty words that appeared in front of her. "Oh..." She turned to Mycroft. "The ghost is Martin," she whispered, "and he wants me to go back to Redwall, and you to continue on with the search party."

Mycroft looked at his wife. "How do you bally well know?"

"'Cause of the words he's making appear. But I guess you can't see them." She shrugged and turned around to where the Redwallers were cautiously watching from behind trees. "Everybeast, I'm going back to Redwall. I don't want to, but Martin the Warrior-" she indicated the ghost "-says I should."

Cornflower MM

OOC: Heehee, I just couldn't resist!

BIC: Martin rolled his eyes, and sent another message, "Who is Mr. Ears, anyways? Huh, he certainly seems quite familiar with you...Looks a bit like a hare from the Long Patrol I used to know. Hmph, shouldn't they their original Abbey Warrior? Or do you not teach about how I saved your ancestors from Tsarmina, Miss Ninny. They honestly over-glorified all of it..Yeesh!" Although he sometimes got a kick out of scaring a Dibbun or two over the years to ease the boredom, this was a bit much. And this Abbess was really a ninny....But then, he supposed she was the best one for the job.

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Man, Martin is harsh!

BIC: Marshall slowly walked towards Fern. He whispered in her ear," Be careful, there still might be some vermin left."
He gave her his dagger.
" When ya get back, give this back to Tripper."
Log a Log stepped up.
" We'll I bid ya a g'day!"
He went over and shook her paw.
"Nice meetin ' ya!"
Marshall stepped back.
"Bye Fern. Safe travels'l
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rachel25

OOC:@Jukka, um, maybe he could have hidden it in the wall behind Martin's tapestry or something. I'm not entirely sure.

BIC: Monka was dragged to his feet, and both him, and Bryony were dragged out the hold. "You don't have to brand me, or her." Monka growled at the corsair, "We've both already some."
Some of this was bluff, he had no idea if Bryony's owner had a thing with branding his slaves, but he at least wanted to try, and stop her having it done to her. He on the other hand, had been branded.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Hmm, okay. Any ideas for how Glirid could find them? BIC:

Fern paused in talking to the group of Redwallers when Martin's next message appeared. She rolled her eyes, slightly put out with the Warrior. "Uh, 'Mr. Ears' is my husband. And we do have an Abbey Warrior, Cien, but he left the Abbey last night." She sighed. "And I'm not sure what to think of him anymore."

Then Marshall and Log a Log approached her. "Be careful, there still might be some vermin left," Marshall cautioned. He handed her a dagger. "When you get back, give this to Tripper."

"I'll be sure to," Fern replied.

Log a Log shook her paw and bid her farewell. The Abbess took her leave of him and everybeast else, then set off alone back to the Abbey.

Mycroft, with some urging, got the Redwallers to come out in the open. He glanced at Log a Log and Marshall. "Where to now, chaps?"
---------------------------
Glirid had just succeeded in grabbing a candied chestnut when he received a light smack on the paw from a squirrelmaid kitchen helper. "You know you aren't allowed to take nuts without asking! Run along now, little rascal!" She turned back to a pie she was preparing for supper.

Glirid scowled but ran off, holding the stick he called 'paw' and twirling it around.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Hey, you gotta remember that this would be the first he's "talked" to anyone in who knows how long....Besides, I'm trying to add a bit of a comical side.\\

BIC: Martin sighed, Cien? That fellow? In case you hadn't noticed, he's the one who started all of this! Well, that ottermaid helped too. Now then, I'll meet you back at the Abbey, I suppose....But, I suppose, if you run into any vermin, just call for me." He sent the words to follow Fern, then he vanished. The words would disappear when the hare read them.
------------------------------------------------
Bryony hadn't actually been branded, but was she going to tell them that? No. She was looking around, hoping to see a chance to get a weapon and escape. So far, no luck.