Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Skipper watched the grave until it was out of sight, then noticed a sidestream that he knew an otter holt lived on. "Stop here. I'll be back shortly." He said gruffly, then dived overboard, swimming for the holt.

Gonff the Mousethief

''Well, alright then!''
Marshall stuck his paddle to slow down the boat.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

rachel25

"Oh, it must be almost evening!" Lupine gasped, "Oh, how time flies! Oh, and I'm alright Tripper. Well...." Her voice trailed off.
--------------------------
Reki smiled, and cracked his whip, then went about whipping the squirrel with gusto. After five minutes of this, he ordered the corsairs with the buckets to throw the water over her. The salt water would sting terribly.

Jukka the Sling

Fern was a bit confused. Alright, so Cien had been a slave trader, but where had he gotten the plans? Or did he make them up himself? And why did he hide them in the wall, anyway?

After a moment of deliberation, the Abbess decided to go talk with Sister Lupine about this discovery. She thanked the squirrelmaid for bringing the plans to her and set off.

She figured Lupine would be in her room, but when she wasn't, Fern decided to try the Infirmary instead. She opened the door and entered. Right away she saw Lupine, who was talking to Bryant.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

"Evening already? Okay. When's the next meal? I haven't had much since breakfast." Bryant said honestly. He assumed that they had been forgotten.
-------------------------------
Bryony held up for about three lashes of the scourge, then screamed. Being beaten and sliced open at the same time really hurt! Her screams rose higher with every blow, and when it stopped, she panted, then screamed again as the sea water hit her back.

Gonff the Mousethief

''I am quite famished meself!''
When Tripper saw Fern walk in, he did not know what to say.
''Um, hi marm! Who are ye again?''
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

Bryant vaguely remembered that this hare was in charge, "Oh! Er, gopod evening marm." He said politely, debating to himself whether or not he should stand up, or something. He didn't exactly know how the Redwallers did things here, so he was going by vermin standards.

rachel25

Sister Lupine turned, and smiled at Fern, "Oh, hi Fern. Back so soon? What happened?"
------------------------
Cien heard yet more screaming, "Gee Scarlet, what are you trying to do? Kill them all?"
He went over to the door, and tried it, he knew it was locked, but he wanted to know it was locked. A key, darn. Unless he found something to pick the lock with, but what would be the point? Where would he go?
------------------
Reki, ordered the corsairs to stop with the water, and went back to whipping, "She won't take much more of this ma'am!" He called to Scarlet.
"Good keep going until she passes out." Scarlet said, completely unbothered.

Cornflower MM

Bryony screamed yet again, and kept screaming. most of the slaves below winced at the sound of her pain.

OOC What exactly is Monka's reaction, Hmm?

Jukka the Sling

"I'm Abbess Fern," she said in reply to Tripper. "I hope you and Bryant are doing alright." In response to Lupine she laughed a bit and said, "Martin appeared and insisted I stay at Redwall, 'cause my duty is here. He was rather snarky - I have no idea why. Anyway, Mycroft and the rest of the search party are still out there. But there's something strange I came to talk to you about, Lupine. When I got back, one of the kitchen helpers gave me this." Fern offered the blueprints to Lupine. "She said one of the Dibbuns had found it in the wall behind the tapestry. It's the plans to a ship, a ship that looks exactly like..." she lowered her voice, "...the Greenshroud, Razzid Wearat's ship from seasons ago. And it has Cien's pawwriting on it."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Bryant had sharp ears, and he couldn't help overhearing. "Er, I'm sorry, Ma'ams, I couldn't help but hear. But, Blood Siren's pawwriting on ship blueprints? Maybe Scarlet has something to do with this." He ventured, hoping they wouldn't mind him butting in on their conversation.

rachel25

Monka heard Bryony's agony, and covered his ears, slowly rocking backwards, and forwards, tears forcing their way down his face. "It's my fault, It's my fault, It's my fault, It's my fault, It's my fault." He kept saying to himself, barley above a whisper. "It's my fault, It's my fault, It's my fault."
---------------------
Sister Lupine took the blueprints, and looked at them. When Bryant spoke, she couldn't help but snapping, "His name's Cien!" She shook her head, and quickly apologised, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...I'm just really confused."
She looked at the blueprints again, "I can't make head or tail of them, I've never even seen a ship. Bryant? Could you help with these?"

Gonff the Mousethief

''Oh, well G'day marm!''
Tripper layed back. He was very happy to be in a place like Redwall.
When he heard Sister Lupine say something about ships he spoke up.
''Well, I used to work on a simple merchant ship. Could I be of any use?''

OOC: Cornflower, where is Skip?
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Oopsies....

BIC: Bryony knew what was coming, as the whipping stopped. She scrunched up her tear-stained face, waiting for the seawater to come. She did not have to wait long, and then the flogging started up again. She was about hoarse, and then the black waters of unconsciousness rose up to meet her, and she went gratefully, and she went limp, dead to the world.
-------------------------------------------------
Skipper was back soon, with two score otters fo9llowing him. "Throw 'em some tow ropes. They're going to help us, mates." He said, then flung a line into the water.
--------------------------------------------------
Bryant flinched at Lupine's retort, and said meekly, "Sorry, ma'am. Yeah, I could probably help you, as copuld Tripper here." He said, then motioned with his head towards the shrew.
---------------------------------------
An old mouse behind Monka murmured, "No, it's not your fault...She chose that, Surely she knew there would be consequences, and she chose those over you getting hurt. It's not your fault. She's young, she'll heal, and the power of love helps strengthen." He murmured comfortingly, and gently patted Monka on the shoulder.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall was astonished.
"We'll then! Sure thing Skip!"
Marshall threw over some ropes.

Tripper hobbled out of his bed and made his way to the group.
" Let's see, what have we got here !"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.