News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

''Arighty then.''
Marshall hopped out ran for the trees. He followed Skipper thru they woods.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

Skipper heard Marshall, and turned around. "Can I have some time alone, mate?" Hre asked softly.

rachel25

"Bring her to the interrogating building now." Scarlet ordered, glanced one more time at Monka, then left. 

Gonff the Mousethief

"Oh, Ok, me and Mycroft will take the other side. See ya soon!" One last glance and Marshall was off.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

Skipper sighed with relief. Good gods, that fox could get a tad annoying! He wasn't all that bad, it was just something about him that rubbed Skipper the wrong way. Ah well. Couldn't do anything about it now. He was walking along as he thpought this, keeping his eyes and ears open and alert, despite the chaotic mush that was his mind.
----------------------------------------
The guard saluted, "Yes, m'lady." He marched over and started unchaining Bryony who was near tears by now. She let herself by pushed around she they unchained her and ordered her to start walking.

rachel25

Monka was being lead away again, but he saw the tears in Bryony's eyes just before he was shoved out of the door.

Cornflower MM

Bryony was just limp. She was exhausted, and in a great deal of pain. Right at the moment, she wanted to throw a fit, like a Dibbun would, kicking and screaming and wailing that it wasn't fair! But, sadly, she was too old for that.

Jukka the Sling

Mycroft had already helped to beach his logboat and was standing on the sandy shore. There was some moonlight, which was good right then but could potentially be dangerous later, for it made it easier for a vermin to see them. The hare saw Marshall walk away from Skipper, and he hurried over to the fox. "Right, how 'bout me, you and a few otter types go an' scout 'round this place? Need to figure out where all the slaves are bally well bein' kept so we c'n rescue 'em." He waved at several otters and motioned them over. "We're gonna scout 'round this island. Keep your weapons at the ready." He laid a paw on the hilt of his dirk and set off into the trees.
-----------------------------------------
After a while Mirelle paused for a short break, as she was tired out. For several minutes she sat there, thinking. What if she was caught escaping? The old otter had said Scarlet's creatures sometimes killed slaves who tried to escape. The ottermaid resolutely pushed those thoughts away. After a few minutes she resumed her work.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

"Aight mate, let's go."
He followed behind the group, keeping a lookout.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rachel25

Cien lay on the floor of his cell. He was listening to the guards quiet conversation outside. They were playing dice, or cards, or something like that. Cien silently pulled his battered body into a crouch. He then stood up ever so slowly, and tip-toed over to the door. Just two guards, good, now he'd wait awhile for them to settle, and get sleepy. Then using the keys he'd pick pocketed from a guard while he was pretending to be unconscious, he'd open the door, and......oh what was the term Scarlet used to use. Oh, yeah, that was it. Unalive them.

Jukka the Sling

Mycroft led the way. They walked through the woods for several minutes, and he wondered when they'd find anything. But it wasn't too long before they reached the beach on the other side of the island. The hare saw several buildings a short distance away from where he was located, and three ships plus a smaller boat bobbing gently on the swell by the dock. He was just about to cautiously step out of the trees when he saw about four guards walking back and forth near the buildings. He quickly ducked back into the shelter of the trees.

"Right then. Now that we know where Scarlet and her crew are, we'd better get back so we can all figure out a plan of action," he said.
-----------------------------
Mirelle was still filing away the mortar when she heard the pawsteps of a guard approaching. This hadn't happened before, as the guards all seemed to be at the other end of the building. Quickly she picked up the stone she'd already removed and shoved it back in the gap. She held her breath as the guard's pawsteps drew nearer... and then exhaled with relief as they continued on past her cell. The ottermaid waited a few moments longer, then decided it was safe to resume working.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

The guards outside Cien's cell didn't know what hit them. One minute they were quietly playing cards, next thing a bloody, whirlwind with a golden stripe on it's head, was on them. They didn't even have time to draw their weapons, there was a resounding snap, as the first guards neck was broken, then another snap.
Cien looked down at the two dead bodies at his feet, one had a nice looking sword, and dagger. Cien bent down, and picked them up. He was about to walk off, when he suddenly decided something. He pulled the two bodies into his cell, and locked it. As he walked off, he throw off his tatter shirt which was more holes than shirt. So now, naked from the waist up, armed, and dangerous, Cien went in search for Scarlet. He was going to finish this once, and for all.

Cornflower MM

?Bryony was lead along to the interrogation building, half wondering if they planned to kill her after torturing her, or let her live. She hone4stly couldn't decide which was worse.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Gonff, I'm gonna jump us back to the others, if that's okay. BIC:

Upon reaching the others on the opposite side of the island, Mycroft told Log-a-Log and the leader of the otters what he, Marshall and the rest of his group had seen on their reconnaissance. He asked everybeast to gather so they could plan their next move. Once everybeast had assembled, he surveyed the gathering in the faint moonlight and realized Skipper wasn't there. "Where's Skip? Anybeast seen him?"

Cornflower MM

Skipper was, at the moment, sitting with his footpaws in a small stream, crying. It had been a bit of a struggle, waiting to be alpne, but he'd done it.