Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Skipper grimaced. "Nothing pleasant, mate." The otter said, then turned away to investigate something he saw in some ferns close by. He got close, and gasped, "Mirelle?!"
--------------------------------
Bryony was now over her fit of tears and trying desperately to wiggle, or something. A big fly ran into the thing sticking into her leg, and she gasped.

Jukka the Sling

Mycroft wiped his dirk on the grass, sheathed it, and then turned to Marshall, ignoring the trickle of blood running down his ear from where the sabre had nicked it. "Vermin," he explained laconically. "Tryin' to find an escaped slave."
-------------------------------
The sounds of fighting had ceased, but Mirelle lay still for a moment longer. She then heard some unfamiliar voices, quite unlike the guards', and she was just going to peek over the log to see what had happened, when the shadow of somebeast fell across her. She gasped. Then the creature spoke. "Mirelle?!"

"Skip?! But - but, how? I thought you were dead!" The ottermaid leaped to her footpaws and gave him a hug. (OOC: That okay?) It was so nice to have somebeast she knew with her after everything she'd been through. Then she stepped back and asked, "How did you get here?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

Monka sneaked past three guards, but was having no luck in finding Bryony. Then, he heard a loud, pain filled gasp from the building he was standing next to. He peeped through a window, and saw Bryony. Within seconds he was in the room untying Bryony. "Oh my goodness Bryony! What have they done to you!" He gasped in horror.
----------------------
Scarlet ran out onto the jetty, she could she her men getting close to Cien, who has walking for some weird reason. Didn't he know about the men behind him. Then, as Cien stepped onto the jetty, he dropped his lighted torch onto the dry wooden jetty, and it suddenly burst into flames. Scarlet, was about to jump into the water, when Cien rushed forward, and suddenly she was fighting for her life again, but the flames were spread. Her dress was now on fire, her fur was on fire, Cien was on fire, everything, was on fire!

Cornflower MM

OOC: Yeah, that's fine.

BIC: Skipper winced. "Ah, easy, m'dear. I'm still a bit knocked up." He reminded the ottermaid. "You thought I was dead? What made you think that?"
---------------------------------
"Monka!" Bryant said, smiling happily. "And, uh, can we not discuss that?" She asked, now sitting up and grabbing the thing in her leg, She sucked in a deep breath, and gave it a few quick twists to get it out, almost shrieking as she did so.

rachel25

Monka was horrified, but quickly pulled himself together, and tried to look for something that could be used as a bandaged. Not finding anything, he torn some stripes off his tattered shirt, and grabbed a water jug. "Here, we need to wash, and bandage that wound."

Cornflower MM

Bryony nodded, then almost fainted, but regained control of herself before she slumped. Speaking at the moment would mean screaming, so she kept her mouth shut.

rachel25

Monka used one of the stripes as a cloth, and as gently as he could, cleaned the wound. When he guessed he was down, he bandaged the wound up tight with what was left of his shirt.

Cornflower MM

It felt a little better now, but she doubted she could walk. Bryony forced her locked teeth to open, and said, "I don't know if I can walk."

Jukka the Sling

"Oh, sorry. It's just so wonderful to see you again, I didn't even think," Mirelle said, a little awkwardly. "I - I saw you jump overboard and get hit with arrows. I thought you might make it, but later I thought you probably didn't; seeing you were wounded in at least two places, you might've bled to death or drowned. But now you're here! And... is that Marshall over there? And that hare... is that Abbess Fern's husband?"
-----------------------
Mycroft walked over. He'd heard enough to tell him that Mirelle was one of the ottercrew, and he caught the last bit of what she said as well. "Aye, miss, I'm Fern's husband, Mycroft. Yes, that's Marshall, and we're not bally well here alone, we've got about a hundred Guosim an' otters with us."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

"I met Bryony. she bandaged me up a bit." Skip said, then shrugged. "What about- About.....Arbella? How did she......?" He asked, unable to get it out. The otter's eyes started watering suspiciously, and he roughly wiped them with his paw.

rachel25

Monka nodded, "Ok, I'll carry you. We can't stay here."

Cornflower MM

"What?" Bryony said, her eyebrows lifting.

Jukka the Sling

OOC @Corny: Wasn't her name Arbella? :P BIC:

"Oh, that's wonderful!" Mirelle exclaimed in response to Mycroft. Her brow furrowed when Skipper asked about his daughter's death. She understood that he must have found her body after they'd thrown it overboard, and she responded sadly, "After the beating, they were bringing out the things to brand us with. Arbella screamed and then she was just... gone. I'm - I'm so sorry, Skip."
-----------------------
Mycroft listened quietly, not saying anything.

Gonff the Mousethief

"Oh, that's nice."
Marshall listened in on Skip's conversation. He felt so for Skipper. He had lost so much and had done nothing to deserve it.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Hey, it's been awhile. Plus, my brain's still kinda of a mush.

BIC: Skipper hung his head, unable to say anything as he walked.