News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Mirelle didn't say anything more. What was there to say? She remained silent as they walked back to the camp.
-------------------------------
Mycroft led the way, and a moment later they'd arrived where the others were. Now that they were out of the trees, Mycroft noticed that the sky was lit up with a peculiar glow. The others on the beach had noticed it too. Everybeast was talking at once, most thinking it must be a fire on Scarlet's side of the island.

"If there's a fire, I think it's a good idea to rescue the slaves now," Mycroft said, loudly enough for everybeast to hear.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

OOC: Um, just to say, the jetty is currently on fire, and in the darkness it will be very visible.

"I'll carry you." Monka repeated, trying decide the best way to carry Bryony. On his back? In his arms? Across his shoulders? "Um, how should I carry you? Um, I mean which way will be the most comfortable for you."

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

"Does it freaking wll matter?" Bryony growled, seriously considering hitting him. Then again, it would probably not be a good idea to irritate the one beast who was helping her. "On your back probably wouldn't be a good idea, and I'm not going across your shoulders." She declared, folding her arms.
--------------------------------------
Skipper nodded. It made sense. He turned to the otters, who had been whispering. "Wot's goin' on 'ere?"

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall had noticed the glow too. He whispered to Mycroft," Hey Mate , what you thinks happen' over thata way?"
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

rachel25

Monka retaliated, annoyed, "I just wanted to know which way you'd be the most comfortable! Is that such a terrible crime!"
Just then, outside, corsairs, and searats were running past all shouting, and yelling. They were pointing at the jetty, and the two flaming creatures fighting on it.

Cornflower MM

"Well, the traditional way would be fine!" Bryony said resignedly, unfolding her arms.

rachel25

Monka had no idea what the traditional way was, but he just decided to carry her in his arms. He picked her up as gently, and carefully as he could, (that ok?) which wasn't very much of either because he wasn't very good at either. 

Cornflower MM

OOC" That's fine.

BIC:Bryony winced a few times, as she was jolted, but didn't complain. "Now what? She asked.

Jukka the Sling

"Looks like a fire broke out over there," Mycroft responded to Marshall. He continued, loud enough for everybeast to hear, "If we rescue the slaves now, it'll be a lot easier in the bloomin' confusion. So, everybeast ready yourselves. We must leave as soon as possible."
-------------------
Mirelle glanced at the hare. "I'm coming too!" Then she frowned, remembering she had no weapon. "Anybeast got a sling I can use?"

An otter offered her one, along with a pouch of stones, and she tucked them in her frayed belt. "Thank you."

Cornflower MM

Skipper twirled his sling. "Everybeast ready? Right, then. Move out!"

Gonff the Mousethief

"I'm goin too!"
Marshall picked up is axe and followed the group. This was going to be an Adventure!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Jukka the Sling

As she put a stone in her sling in readiness for the battle, Mirelle tried to keep up with Mycroft, who was ahead of the main group. But her leg, which had been hit with an arrow in the initial ambush, began aching again, and she gradually slowed down and walked instead with the group of otters, shrews, and Redwallers. As they neared the other side of the island, she thought she could smell smoke. And then they were out of the trees, and she saw it.

The jetty was on fire. Vermin were running around shouting while two creatures, both aflame themselves, were fighting on the burning dock. Mirelle put her paw to her mouth in horror.
------------------------
Being in the front, Mycroft saw it before she did. However, he didn't react. He just tightened his grip on his dirk hilt and yelled, "Charge!"

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall rushed to the front lines with Mycroft, swinging is axe like it was as light as a feather. He didn't know which battle cry to use, so he said the first thing on his mind.
"FOR FREEDOM!!!"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rachel25

Monka didn't know what, "Um, maybe we could look for a boat?"
---------------------------
Scarlet was losing, she was in terrible pain, several times she had tried to jump into the sea, but Cien would grab her, and throw her onto the flames boards of the jetty.
With tears running down her face, she collapsed, Cien was standing over her.
Memories, so many memorises, ran through Cien's head. All the faces of the slaves he had kidnaped, the lives he had destroyed. "Scarlet, its time we felt some pain." He raises his sword, then swung it. Scarlet's head, cut clean off her shoulders, was flung into the sea.
Cien, now feeling weak, and overwhelmed, fell sideways into the sea, unconscious.