Hidden Within The Walls: Part Two

Started by rachel25, February 28, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

"Um, apology accepted?" Bryony stammered, still looking at her paws. When she looked up, Monka was right there.

Jukka the Sling

A fire was lit, and the group of woodlanders, several of whom had bows, tied bits of rag on their arrowheads in preparation for lighting them. They waited a short time longer until the wind seemed to be right, then set fire to their arrows and launched them at the other ships under Mycroft's direction.
---------------------
Mirelle was standing on the deck of the ship the woodlanders had commandeered, and she saw the woodlanders shooting fire arrows. She was relieved. The sooner the ships were fired, the sooner they could get back to Redwall.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

OOC: Tiny bit of PP here. If you want me to change it Corn, just say so.

BIC: Without thinking, Monka reached out for Bryony's paw, taking it in his own, he gave it a gentle squeeze. "I'm really sorry." He muttered, looking up at Bryony's face now.

Cornflower MM

OOC: It's fine.

BIC: Bryony jumped, but allowed Mobnka to keep her paw. "Oh, but are you really?" She murmured, a little coldly.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall finished his bread and went over to Skipper. He asked the otter,
"How long till we be back at the Abbey?"
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Mycroft and the creatures firing the ships are actually still on the beach. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

OOC: Well, they better get on the ship soon.  :P

BIC: Monka sighed deeply, and moved a little closer to Bryony. He slowly, very slowly, put his other arm round her, then took his other hand out of hers, and put that one round her too, and hugged her gently. "I truly am."

OOC: That ok Corn?

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Just to let everyone know, I'm gonna be playing Corny's characters until she's better. (If you haven't already, go look at the topic her mom made in Front Lawns.) So... here goes.
BIC:

Bryony let Monka hug her, and after a few seconds she said, "Forgiven. And I'm sorry too, for slapping and yelling at you. Although you did kinda deserve it right then," she added, half-jokingly.
---------------------------
Skip looked up from what he was making in the kitchen and gave a rueful grin. "Soon, mate, I hope. I want nothin' more than to be clear of this place."
---------------------------
The ships caught fire within moments. Flames licked up the rigging, snapping ropes and making their way toward the sails. Satisfied, Mycroft and the others boarded one of the boats, which had returned for them, and they reached the ship and clambered aboard.

Once he'd helped to pull the boat aboard, Mycroft was all business. "Right, everybeast. We're sailin' for Redwall!" he shouted. Otters and shrews hastened to raise the anchor. And then they were off!

rachel25

"Yeah, I know I did." Monka said, relieved he was forgiven.

Jukka the Sling

Bryony laughed a little. "Yeah..." she said, putting her arm around him. She was glad their row had been cleared up. Everything seemed to be alright now.

At that moment Bryony heard a shout - something about setting sail for Redwall. "Guess we're finally leaving," she said, slipping gently out of Monka's embrace. She moved toward the door and saw that some otters and shrews had just raised the anchor and that the ship was already on its way.
------------------------
Mirelle wandered down to the kitchens to find something to eat; she was absolutely starving. She saw Skipper and said hello. He looked up from what he was making and nodded at her, then turned back to his task. He seemed to be making a big pot of some sort of soup with random ingredients he'd found. The ottermaid picked up a piece of bread and munched it, then wandered off again to find a quiet place where she could just sit down and rest.
------------------------
Mycroft stood near the front of the ship, looking out over the water. One of the otters was at the helm as the ship headed east towards the sunrise.

Gonff the Mousethief

"I'm with ya on that mate." He picked his axe up from the corner and headed out on the deck. We went over to Mycroft and saluted him.
"Cap'n! Where is my accictence needed?"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rachel25

Monka smiled, and felt something he'd never felt before. He wasn't entirely sure what it was, but he thought it was happiness, and contentment. Just being here with Bryony, just felt so right, but then she left, and the moment was over. Monka had wished it could have gone on for ever, but never mind, he followed after Bryony out onto the deck. He saw the flames of the ships on fire, and now the sun had come out properly, and it looked like it was going to be a wonderful day.

Jukka the Sling

Bryony stood on the deck for a moment, staring at the island they'd left behind. When she turned to Monka, she was grinning with pure relief that she'd never see that place again. At that moment she realized for the first time that she was hungry and said, "Well, I don't know about you, but I'm starving. Let's go get something to eat."
------------------------------
Mycroft grinned and replied, "Perhaps you can help Skip out with the jolly old cooking. Don't know if you're any good at that sort of thing, but that's the only thing I'd say needs doing. Everything else seems to be taken care of."

At that moment the ship passed the logboats they'd reached the island in. Quite a few of the Guosim crowded to the rails, staring. Apparently the vermin who'd escaped into the woods had discovered the boats, untied them from the group they were in, and attempted to escape the island. However, they'd quickly capsized since they didn't know how to handle the boats, especially on the sea. Right now a very wet and dispirited-looking group of vermin was huddled on the beach, with the logboats partially submerged in the water and some vermin clinging to them. Mycroft walked over to Log-a-Log and said, "Shall I give the order to stop and and pick up your logboats?"

Log-a-Log looked at the upside-down boats, a few of which had begun to sink from the weight of the vermin clinging to them. "It would be a lot of trouble, mate."

"We'll get it done, don't worry," the hare answered. He called out and ordered the anchor to be dropped. Then, along with a large group of otters and shrews, he got in one of the ship's boats and headed towards the logboats. The vermin swam away as best as they could, and the shrews, otters and hare all worked together to turn the logboats over and paddle them back to the ship. They worked quickly, and Log-a-Log realized that maybe it wasn't going to be so much trouble after all.

The vermin on the beach, meanwhile, had melted back into the woods in disarray.

rachel25

Monka suddenly realised he was starving. "I'm not gonna argue with you on that."