News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Doctor Who Art.

Started by Faiyloe, March 02, 2014, 09:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Cool, Faiy! But who's Doctor Who?

Faiyloe

It is a British TV show about this man called the doctor who travels threw Time and space in he Time machine called a TARDIS (time and relative dimension in space). He travails to other worlds and planets and he is witty and funny and he always has a girl companion that travails with him. He is actually an alien called a Time Lord from a planet called Gallifrey and he is the last of his kind. He always goes on the best adventurers and has a splendid time. And it is all on Netflix instantplay  ;D! (Well most of it is anyway.)   
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Cornflower MM

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

Dag Downyfur

XD and the show is way more epic (and sometimes emotional) than it sounds, it's just very hard to explain it without sounding ridiculous! Which is why that instead of trying to explain it to my friends, I just show them. It's easier to get them interested in it that way, haha.
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Jetthebinturong

Who's everyone's favourite Doctor? Out of the ones I've seen, mine is either Jon Pertwee or Matt Smith. Also favourite episodes? I like Rose, Dalek, Father's Day, Empty Child, the Doctor Dances, Bad Wolf, Parting of the Ways, the Christmas Invasion, Tooth and Claw, School Reunion, the Girl in the Fireplace, the Army of Ghosts, Doomsday, the Runaway Bride, the Shakespeare Code, Gridlock, the Lazarus Experiment, Blink (best episode ever), Voyage of the Damned, Partners in Crime, Fires of Pompeii, Planet of the Ood, the Sontaran Stratagem, the Poison Sky, the Doctor's Daughter, the Unicorn and the Wasp, Silence in the Library, Forest of the Dead, Midnight, Turn Left, the Stolen Earth, Journey's End (Yes the whole of series four), Planet of the Dead, the Eleventh Hour, Victory of the Daleks, Time of Angels, Flesh and Stone, the Vampires of Venice, the Hungry Earth, Cold Blood, Vincent and the Doctor, the Lodger, the Pandorica Opens, the Big Bang (best finale so far), the Impossible Astronaut, Day of the Moon, the Doctor's Wife, a Good Man Goes to War (second best episode ever), the Girl Who Waited, the God Complex, (While not a favourite I want to say that I hate Asylum of the Daleks with a passion), Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, a Town Called Mercy, the Snowmen, the Rings of Akhaten, Cold War, Hide, Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS, the Crimson Horror (am I the only one who finds Mr. Sweet cute?), Nightmare in Silver, the Name of the Doctor, the Day of the Doctor and the Time of the Doctor.

Out of the classics I've seen, I enjoy the Ambassadors of Death, Inferno, the Mind of Evil, Colony in Space, the Daemons, Mind Warp and the Ultimate Foe

I also like the Infinite Quest and Dreamland

Dag Downyfur

My favourite is David Tennant, but I've only seen him, Eccleston, and Smith (who I'm still catching up one. I'm on "The Wedding of River Song".) I'll watch the other Doctors as soon as I'm caught up :D 
As for favourite episodes..
"Midnight", "Let's Kill Hitler","The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances", "Fires of Pompeii", "The Big Bang", "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead", "Partners in Crime", "Voyage of the Damned", "The Vampires of Venice"...aaahh too many, those are only a few! I think you've got it all covered, there, Jet. XD
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Faiyloe

My favorite Doctor is Tennant, my favorite episode The Girl in the Fireplace, Favorite companion Amy or Rory the last centurion. Yes I have given this a lot of thought before.

Dag Downyfur

Oh, how could I forget about that episode? That's one of my favourites!
And Rory and Amy are awesome companions..have you seen all of season 7? I know spoilers, and while I'm not there yet in the show, I know some stuff that happens and don't want to give any spoilers.

Jetthebinturong

I've seen the whole thing

Faiyloe

Dag Downyfur

Cool

Season 7 of Doctor Who
I'm dreading seeing The Angels Take Manhattan, I'm gonna cry. I know it. Found out what happened and just...Amy...Rory..nuuuuuuuu....
[close]

Jetthebinturong

That's only series 7 part 1, not the whole series

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

A different zeriez but a bit zimilar iz Ztargate, alzough tiz ztill quite different. A very zimilar epizode zat ah vid put roight up zere viz Doctor Vho'z Blink iz Ztargate Atlantiz' epizode Vhizperz. VERY creepy! 'ere'z a trailer for it:

...Pluz it 'az ze Scottish Doctor Carson Beckett in it, zae- Major!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.