The Mossflower Insane Asylum

Started by Rainshadow, March 09, 2014, 12:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: redwallgurl on March 26, 2014, 06:09:08 PM
Are we allowed to play a visiting family member/friend/Abbess later on in the rp? Anyways I'd like to sign up as some of the staff.

I think the black wing might need some help so I'm going to join there...
Name: Indira Rivet
Species: Squirrel
Assigned Wing: Black Wing
Physical Appearance: A typical brown squirrel with average height and body composition. She has piercing brown eyes that can either melt a heart or freeze it.
Clothing:  A white, collared tunic under a dark grey shirt, and matching dark grey trousers.
Personality: Very patient squirrel but has a firm grip on her patients. Can be very stubborn. Easy to make smile even with just a little bit of attention.
Strength(s): Able to lay a firm paw on a patient if they step too far out of line.
Weakness(es): Is eager to help many beasts and do sometimes risky things for her patients.
History: Ran away from home due to an abusive father so she is able to take most hits from her patients
Other: Pleased with her job

I think I'll also join the white wing as staff since no one signed up if that's alright.
Name: Sherl Teka
Species: otter
Assigned Wing: white
Physical Appearance: Sleek black otter with a height usually a little over average. Has sea blue eyes which are usually stormy. She has a usual mothery touch around her soft features.
Clothing:  A white, collared tunic under a dark grey shirt, and matching dark grey trousers.
Personality: A motherly figure who is willing to help almost all patients. Is usually very kind and can't take too much violence.
Strength(s): Loves children and helping, has a motherly touch
Weakness(es): Gives too  much
History: Her brother had been severely ill with an unknown mental disease and by the standards of her otter clans her brother had to be killed. She left the clan quickly after that and came to help here.

Awesome!  Accepted!

Oh, and sure!  Totally fine if you make a friend/family member.  :)

@Head:  Sorry, I can't understand the last bit.  Specifically "bz".  What's that mean?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rainshadow

Erg, sorry for ignoring this for so long!  I'll be busy/gone all this week, but I'll hopefully be starting this next week, so be prepared!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rainshadow

Woohoo!  Finally started this up!  Post, my insane minions, POST!  >:D  :P

W0NWILL

I guess I'll be filling up my three-character limit!

Name: May
Species: Rabbit
Assigned Wing: Grey
Illness(es): A form of schizophrenia
Physical Appearance: May is a pretty average rabbit, with dark brown fur and big ears. However, she usually lets her ears droop, as if she couldn't be bothered to hold them upright.
Clothing:  A white tunic and soft, faded blue trousers.  A lounging robe (bathrobe) matching the trousers in colour may be worn on top, but it is not necessary.
Personality: Unlike most crazies, May is perfectly aware of her insanity, and, in fact, embraces it. She is a complete slave to her voices, which usually tell her to do things. So, she'll often spend hours staring at a wall. She's perfectly aware of this, but she likes it. By leaving everything up to the voices, it frees her. Sure, sometimes the voices can be malicious and call for blood, but usually they're docile, like May. She is cooperative and friendly, except, of course, when the voices don't like it. She also thinks she has a duty to stop crime in the asylum, whatever that means. But the voices said so, so she is bound to do it.
History:  (Optional)
Other:

Rainshadow

Ooh, I think I may enjoy seeing this character in action.  ;)  Accepted!

Faiyloe

Hi I was thinking... I could use some help I am having trouble getting my staff member in in a believable way. What sort of things do they do What are the rules of the asylum and what about a schedule... That would help a lot.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 24, 2014, 01:29:19 PM
Hi I was thinking... I could use some help I am having trouble getting my staff member in in a believable way. What sort of things do they do What are the rules of the asylum and what about a schedule... That would help a lot.

Well, the different wings have different schedules:  White starts off the day with breakfast in the White cafeteria, then they have recreational time (playing games on the lawn), small groups (to talk about their fears and illnesses and such), lunch, quiet time, arts and crafts/indoor games, dinner, and bed.  At least, that's usually what happens.  (Those in the White Wing get more social time than any other wing, and are allowed to mingle with those in their wing.)

Grey has a slightly different schedule, starting with breakfast in the Grey cafeteria, then small groups, light recreational time (under supervision), lunch, arts and crafts/indoor games, quiet time, dinner, and bed.  Sometimes the activities are switched up, but usually they remain in the same sort of schedule.

Black tends to mostly keep the patients in their own rooms, the day being planned like this:  Breakfast in their quarters, occasional recreational time (under heavy supervision), small groups, lunch (sometimes in the Black cafeteria, sometimes in their own quarters, and rarely out on the lawn when the weather is nice), arts and crafts/indoor games (under heavy supervision), quiet time (sometimes in the Black quiet room, sometimes in their own quarters), dinner (usually in their own quarters, but sometimes in the cafeteria), and bed.

The setup of the asylum, for those who are wondering, was constructed so that those in each wing wouldn't need to or be able to communicate with each other.  Yes, they're in the same building (a large brick castle), but each wing has their own cafeteria/kitchen, quiet room, recreational room (for if it's too cold outside), and arts and crafts/games room, as well as several rooms for the patients and isolation rooms.  This is so that the patients of the varying wings don't get to mingle.  Although, there are occasional days where the weather is nice enough that the lawn is open to all, and they have tea.

Now, if you're wondering why I keep saying they go out on the lawn, picture the asylum's set up as very close to Redwall.  There's a large outer wall that protects the brick asylum, and a front lawn, complete with an orchard and a fenced-in pond (so that no beast falls in on accident (or gets pushed in)).

There's probably several other things I'm missing, but that's just a bit of the description of the grounds.  :)

(As for what the staff can do, checking up on patients, leading small groups, giving/applying medication, doing chores, cooking, supervising rec/games time... that sort of stuff.  They have a wide variety of jobs.  ;)  As there are so few played staff, though, I'll allow for several random nurses and janitors and such that you can tell to do tasks.  :))

Faiyloe

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 27, 2014, 02:54:46 AM
  @Head:  Sorry, I can't understand the last bit.  Specifically "bz".  What's that mean?

Ach, left oot ze "a" in ze middle. Tiz fixed na'. Zae, dae ah ztill 'ave tae take a baz na'?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rainshadow

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on April 25, 2014, 10:28:20 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on March 27, 2014, 02:54:46 AM

Ach, left oot ze "a" in ze middle. Tiz fixed na'. Zae, dae ah ztill 'ave tae take a baz na'?

Hmm, bath?  Yes, I do believe that the patients have to take at least one bath per week.  Preferably more than one, but one is the minimum.  ;)  Can't have patients dying from the horrible smell!

Unimaginative

Just had a though: What are we doing here? Are the patients gonna try and break out of something, or are we just doing this?

Also, Faiy. Grace, please?  ;)
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Rainshadow

I do have an actual plot that I'm still adding the finishing touches to, but for the moment, it's just a free RP with no point.  (Once I get onto an actual computer and don't have to type with one finger I can start talking about what the plot is.)

Tiria Wildlough

I'll be going away for four days, starting tomorrow. If that will be a problem in the RP, I'd like someone to take over my characters for a bit, so I don't get left behind. Thanks! :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Alrighty, so the plot is basically this:

Late at night, some of the patients (SOME.  If you notice four-ish people posting about the screaming before you post, please don't mention it.  It's supposed to be pretty quiet.) start noticing faint screaming in the distance, and they mention it to the others, wondering if the asylum is haunted.  Somebeast starts to mention it to the staff, but they don't believe them.  So, pretty much, the whole RP is trying to figure out what's up with the noise.  (Yes, I do actually have more than just that planned, but some of it is kinda secret.)

Oh, by the way, I may kill a couple of the characters, depending on how long it takes for you guys to find the origins of the screaming.  I'll PM the players that I'm gonna kill the characters of, but I'll try to kill only one from each person unless it takes you long enough that I have to go kill someone else from your list of characters.

When trying to figure out the mystery, some of the characters may want to break out of their rooms or whatever and go wandering the halls for the source of the noise, but if you do this, please make it slightly realistic, like:

"Jimmy stuck his claw in the large lock and twirled it around, trying to figure out how to open the door.  After a few minutes of this, he heard a click and the door started swinging inward."

Less like:

"Jimmy threw his entire weight against the door, making the object break out of the wall and go crashing to the ground."

And if your character gets killed, feel free to make a new character to replace them, if you wish.  :)

Dag Downyfur

I'd like to join!
Is the roleplay still going?
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith