Metal-Making

Started by W0NWILL, March 10, 2014, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

We see all sorts of weapons in the series, many of which are metal. It's well-known that Salamandastron has a lot of weapons and armor, some made for badgers, the biggest creatures in the series. That would use quite a lot of metal.

But where does that metal come from? My first guess would be that moles dig it up, but going back to Salamandastron, there's rarely moles there. Arula is the only one that comes to mind, and that was for a short while. Swords and other things may be reused and remelted, but they get lost, broken, lots of things, and an entire world couldn't survive on such a finite amount of metal. And then there's still the question of where that metal came from in the first place and who dug it up.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Apparently, Martin's sword was made from an asteroid, but that's the only place where they talk about metal's source, I think.
baby turtle forever

The Skarzs

Slightly in line with Forged Weapons topic in History, legends, and myths.

I suppose the only place feasibly able to have a mine is under Salamandastron; other than that. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

321tumbler

They could have gotten the metal from other places where metal is common.

Emperor Ublaz

I would say that there are many near-surface deposits of metal all over Mossflower. That way, there wouldn't need to be much digging. Also, vermin warlords often hoard treasure, so there would be tons of metal there.
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

Tam and Martin

I think we already have a topic for this Won.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Vilu Daskar

I think the hares might mine it out of the mountan
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Quote from: Emperor Ublaz on March 11, 2014, 01:39:34 PM
I would say that there are many near-surface deposits of metal all over Mossflower. That way, there wouldn't need to be much digging. Also, vermin warlords often hoard treasure, so there would be tons of metal there.
1.  Get attacked
2.  Beat vermin
3.  Steal their goodies
4.  ???
5.  Profit.
baby turtle forever

321tumbler

The Skarzs

Just a step for anything you might want, I suppose.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Shade

Batmount is a possible place of deposited ore...
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Vilu Daskar

Is that in Mossflower (the book)

321tumbler

The Skarzs

While that is possible, I doubt the bats would allow it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.