News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Homeschoolers, unite!

Started by Emperor Ublaz, March 13, 2014, 02:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRose

First time driving solo today! I did fine, until I locked my keys in the car.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Vilu Daskar

My cousin locked her keys in her car she was out there for like a hour trying to pick the lock  then a neighbor came out and was trying to prie  it open and after that we left
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Skarzs

Ha!
I mean *ahem* How unfortunate.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

I'm still several years off being able to drive. The thought of driving terrifies me- I don't think that the danger of roads are appreciated as much as they should be. I mean, yeah, there's loads of safe drivers, but the inherent danger of multi-ton pieces of metal moving at sixty miles an hour... That doesn't really ever go away. No matter what.
I don't think I'll have too much trouble learning to drive, though- My guess is I'll be terrified a lot, but still able to keep some semblance of control of the vehicle. I think some of it I'll really enjoy, and some of it will really scare me.
The hardest part for me, though, will probably be learning how to get places. I have basically no sense of direction, I could navigate you about three places- And only then from one to the other.

Vilu Daskar

I'm several years away to but I want to drive

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

BlueRose

I was stuck for three hours, until my grandfather came and broke in. He was pretty annoyed.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on March 19, 2014, 12:25:54 PM
I'm still several years off being able to drive. The thought of driving terrifies me- I don't think that the danger of roads are appreciated as much as they should be. I mean, yeah, there's loads of safe drivers, but the inherent danger of multi-ton pieces of metal moving at sixty miles an hour... That doesn't really ever go away. No matter what.
I don't think I'll have too much trouble learning to drive, though- My guess is I'll be terrified a lot, but still able to keep some semblance of control of the vehicle. I think some of it I'll really enjoy, and some of it will really scare me.
The hardest part for me, though, will probably be learning how to get places. I have basically no sense of direction, I could navigate you about three places- And only then from one to the other.

It's pretty scary when you first get out on the road, but after a while it gets easier and less horrifying. About the navigation thing, you sound like my sister! The first time we went to visit family in a big town (she was 17, I was 11, and it was just the two of us), my brother had to make her hand the phone to me so that he could direct us, because she thought that when we went across an intersection, we automatically got onto the road indicated by the sign on the light. (As in: We were on Gobbledygook Ave. and there was an intersection with Egghead Drive, she thought we had gotten onto Egghead Drive when we were really still on Gobbledygook Ave.)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Emperor Ublaz

Wow! This topic really grew in the few days since I started it.
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

Vilu Daskar

Norham Waterpaw

*secretly invades topic from Private School*
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Dannflower Reguba

*Security system boots out notorious intruder*
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

CONVERT TO HOMESCHOOLING!!!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 17, 2014, 06:14:12 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on March 17, 2014, 04:14:02 PM
I didn't have to parallel because the dude doing the test couldn't find a suitable case for me to do it, but that helps to balance out the fact that I was driving a 15-passenger van.  :P AKA: Gus AKA: a tank (Griffen's name for our bus).
We got a 15 passenger van as well; we call it 'The Bus'. It's. . . difficult to handle.

We have a 12-passenger van - my dad usually calls it 'The Bus', we just call it the van. And it has a super loud muffler that used to belong to a Corvette. You can hear it from a block away. ::)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Shade

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on March 21, 2014, 04:46:58 PM
I didn't have to parallel because the dude doing the test couldn't find a suitable case for me to do it, but that helps to balance out the fact that I was driving a 15-passenger van.  :P AKA: Gus AKA: a tank (Griffen's name for our bus).
We got a 15 passenger van as well; we call it 'The Bus'. It's. . . difficult to handle.
We have a 12-passenger van - my dad usually calls it 'The Bus', we just call it the van. And it has a super loud muffler that used to belong to a Corvette. You can hear it from a block away. ::)
Suddenly my family's eight seater transporter doesn't seem as big.  :D
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Faiyloe

Quote from: The Shade on March 21, 2014, 05:15:37 PM

yup  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Shade on March 21, 2014, 05:15:37 PM
So how do you all go anywhere together? I remember from somewhere that you have nine people in your family?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien