News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Homeschoolers, unite!

Started by Emperor Ublaz, March 13, 2014, 02:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on March 21, 2014, 05:48:39 PM
Quote from: The Shade on March 21, 2014, 05:15:37 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on March 21, 2014, 04:46:58 PM
Quote from: The Skarzs on March 17, 2014, 06:14:12 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on March 17, 2014, 04:14:02 PM
I didn't have to parallel because the dude doing the test couldn't find a suitable case for me to do it, but that helps to balance out the fact that I was driving a 15-passenger van.  :P AKA: Gus AKA: a tank (Griffen's name for our bus).
We got a 15 passenger van as well; we call it 'The Bus'. It's. . . difficult to handle.
We have a 12-passenger van - my dad usually calls it 'The Bus', we just call it the van. And it has a super loud muffler that used to belong to a Corvette. You can hear it from a block away. ::)
Suddenly my family's eight seater transporter doesn't seem as big.  :D
So how do you all go anywhere together? I remember from somewhere that you have nine people in your family?
We have a 15 passenger also!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Vilu Daskar

We have a 7 passenger minivan
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

BlueRose

So, now that we've pulled this topic completely off the road (punpunpunpunpun), what do all of you want to do with your futures? Homeschooling changes a lot of stuff as far as college and such. It's not as easy to get accepted into colleges, nor is it as easy to be hired by corporate companies.

I would like to go to a trade school and get a two-year degree in cosmetology. After that, I can earn money to put myself through a makeup artistry course.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Skarzs

I want to take some college classes, like chemistry, higher math. . . stuff.
As a job, I'm interested in becoming a welder. I'm good at it and I enjoy it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shade

So how do you all go anywhere together? I remember from somewhere that you have nine people in your family?
Argh, I mean nine seater. Just got it recently.  :P

Are you some sort of log-book for all the member's personal information? ;)
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Rusvul

Yeah, that's not creepy at all  ;D

BlueRose

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 25, 2014, 03:42:36 AM
I want to take some college classes, like chemistry, higher math. . . stuff.
As a job, I'm interested in becoming a welder. I'm good at it and I enjoy it.

Fun.
Welding, huh? That's a good trade. In fact, I think having a trade is better than going to college and getting a fancy degree. Too many people do that nowadays, so people with regular trades are valuable.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

The Skarzs

Not only that, there are fewer and fewer people willing and able to do work like welding or carpentry. They're all going into computer stuff, and sciencey jobs.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

Right? That's why trade jobs pay lots. :)

Public schools these days are teaching towards college and fancy learning jobs. There ought to be more emphasis on trades.

Dannflower Reguba

Hey, don't diss computer jobs :P Bay Port's kinda funny, they actually have classes that allow you to go into a welding job right out of highschool, it's really popular too. They also have Engineering course (which I've taken).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 25, 2014, 04:53:15 PM
Hey, don't diss computer jobs :P Bay Port's kinda funny, they actually have classes that allow you to go into a welding job right out of highschool, it's really popular too. They also have Engineering course (which I've taken).
Wasn't saying computer jobs were bad or not important; indeed, nowadays they have grown in importance. I'm just saying that other jobs that should be important are put aside.
Knowledge is important, no matter what job you take; and I for one don't want to know only welding. That is why I am going to take other classes. And my dad is a 'Jack of all trades', so I learn a lot from him.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: The Shade on March 25, 2014, 09:06:56 AM

Lol, I just have a pretty good memory. I remember lots of info about people on here. It's weird. ::)

Stuff I remember about forum members
Dan has 5 siblings, and he's the oldest - okay, I made a mistake. :P He's the third oldest.
Tam has eight 7 siblings, and he's the third oldest.
Rachel has 5 siblings, and she's the fourth oldest.
Shade has 6 siblings, and he's the second oldest.
Rain has 2 siblings, and she's the youngest.
Leatho has 1 sibling, and he's the youngest.
Cornflower has 5 siblings, and she's the youngest.
[close]

See what I mean? :D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rusvul

Dang, some of you have big families. I'm an only child... Not much to remember there XD

BlueRose

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 25, 2014, 04:58:07 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on March 25, 2014, 04:53:15 PM
Wasn't saying computer jobs were bad or not important; indeed, nowadays they have grown in importance. I'm just saying that other jobs that should be important are put aside.
Knowledge is important, no matter what job you take; and I for one don't want to know only welding. That is why I am going to take other classes. And my dad is a 'Jack of all trades', so I learn a lot from him.

Yeah, no dissing. I just wish there were more opportunities for students who want to have a trade instead of pushing them to go learn ergonomics when they'd rather be a carpenter or professional zip-liner (not really a job...)

I would like to have a degree in something computer/smarts based someday, but that comes after makeup artistry.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on March 25, 2014, 09:04:14 PM
Quote from: The Shade on March 25, 2014, 09:06:56 AM

Lol, I just have a pretty good memory. I remember lots of info about people on here. It's weird. ::)

Stuff I remember about forum members
Dan has 5 siblings, and he's the oldest.
Tam has 8 siblings, and he's the third oldest.
Rachel has 5 siblings, and she's the fourth oldest.
Shade has 6 siblings, and he's the second oldest.
Rain has 2 siblings, and she's the youngest.
Leatho has 1 sibling, and he's the youngest.
Cornflower has 5 siblings, and she's the youngest.
[close]

See what I mean? :D

Older middle child.  :P Two older sisters ya see.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This