Previous topic - Next topic

Options are not being presented at this time

Waiting...
5 (83.3%)
Waiting...
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Dannflower Reguba

Hello there! As you can probably tell, this topic is a bit different from the standard OOC: RP start page. The biggest difference being that this is a HOME page, not a start page. Unlike other RP's, this OOC: will not disappear after the first RP is completed. Rather, this will be the hub for information on the next exercise.

Here is the starting idea. I'm going to be offering a scenario to the small group of people that I accept for the varying RP. I will be consistently playing a horde of vermin as well as controlling the entire run of the game (I'm trying to promote strategic thinking, and if someone else wishes to be a Horde, PM me and we can chat about it. Always good to change things up sometimes  ;)). Your goal is to defeat my horde with as few losses as possible. If I take your position, likelihood is you've lost, if you hold your position, likelihood is you've won. Number of opposing players will vary between exercises, the beasts you have at your disposal will also vary drastically. A full form will be needed each match, and diversity is greatly recommended.

Thoughts? Questions? Anyone have a song to sing?  ;) I'm currently working on the first scenario, so don't make your characters yet, but here's the form so you can understand what I'm expecting of your skills.

Character Form
Name (some form needed):

Species:

Clothing:

Physical Appearance:

Weapon:

Strengths (at least one):

Weaknesses (at least one):

History (at least some required):

Other:
[close]

Other restrictions will apply such as outside of RP communication (OOC: and PM), these restrictions will be in place to encourage thrifty usage of ones posts so as to communicate even more clearly with your teammates.

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Griffen

How many people are needed to start this? I could use a strategy game, other RP's are getting too repetitive.

Dannflower Reguba

As different scenarios come and go the needs will change, if interest shows up for this idea then I'll throw up a scenario.  :)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Griffen

Unimaginative

So you would be part of a large squad, or would it be more like you are the leader of a large army, and you've just gotta position them?
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Sparks of Southsward

Name :Red Rage Mcintyre

Species:Red Squirrel

Clothing:a tan campaign jacket with a maroon and olive dran kilt, a bushy black mustache as well.

Physical Appearance: Barrel chested, a large bushy red tail, green eyes.

Weapon: A 3-foot long claymore styled after the Scottish claymores, in addition has a buckler shield and a dirk dagger

Strengths (at least one): His physical strength and blade mastery

Weaknesses (at least one): His speed, which suffice to say is slow, he also focuses on what is in front of him, leaving him vunerable from the back and to the side, though he does frequently check his back

History (at least some required): Hailing from the fridged north, this squirrel like many of his tribe went out into the world to become roaming mercenaries, fighting in this beast's army to the next, and this is now no exception, fighting for the highest bidder, with the exception of vermin, he can't stand the black hearted scoundrels and will do anything to kill one

Other: Before battle he generally plays his trusty bagpipes, which can provide morale and bravery before battle, at least that's what he thinks

Sparks of Southsward

Oh ant....I wasn't paying attention and I posted my character...cripe..now I look absolutely dumb..so should I remove it?

Dannflower Reguba

No no, you're perfectly fine.  ;) How this is (I think) going to play out is that I present you with a scenario (I'm on the other end as you can tell), your characters are the ones that will have the most influence over the outcome. You have to work together USING YOUR CHARACTERS ONLY to plan your strategy. I will play my character in person as if I didn't know what your plans were. Maybe the scenario will be determined in a single confrontation, maybe it will take 10, it all depends on actions and reactions.  :)

TIP: Take hints off of the starter post, I will make a IC: post as the head bad guy so that you guys can try and figure out what his attack strategy will be.

The first scenario will take 5 characters:

A mouse
2 otters
a hedgehog
and a squirrel

Interested parties may only play one character, assuming Sparks is still in the squirrel is taken.

Unimaginative

Dannflower Reguba

Yes.  :)

The vermin have become aggressive once again towards the Abbey of Redwall. There are approximately 200 vermin and their skills with spears and shields are rather terrifying. The defense force consists of 20 moles as well as an assortment of other creatures in total not exceeding 130. The Guosim are nearby, but who can tell just where they are?

Unimaginative

Thanks.

Name: Brigadier Janison Ashburn Hornswoggle

Species: Otter

Clothing: , plus a suit of chain armor underneath. The hat is there, but it and the coat are both dark purple. Brigadier Janison wears black trousers, and knee high brown boots. Also a blue sash running across the coat, which he keeps buckled up. For anyone who cares, the man pictured is Gustav II Adolph, leader of Sweden, and instigator of the 30 years war.

Physical Appearance: Tall and sturdy, Brigadier Janison has very broad shoulders. His fur is a light brown, with some silver and white streaks. He carries himself proudly. He has a long scar running up one arm, from a military campaign in the Far North. He always carries his sword at his belt. He has a

Weapon: A rapier, 45 1/2 inches long.

Strengths (at least one): Experience. He has been one of the minds behind several military campaigns around Mossflower county and the Far North.

Weaknesses (at least one): Overconfidence. He has been so successful in the past, he feels that he can't fail. He is also quite vain and proud.

History: Brigadier Janison used to be one of the leaders of an Otter tribe just North of Mossflower. He led an Otter tribe against many enemies, always near the front of the fight, and always with a good idea of what he's doing. As he aged, he grew tired of direct combat, and moved to the back of the lines, where the Brigadier would become one of the best strategists of the Otter tribes at the time. He retired to Redwall at the age of 55 seasons, when he was tired of combat, and wished to have peace. However, when Redwall was threatened, he dusted off his armor and prepared to organize a defence.

Other: He loves Bagpipes. *Winks at Southsward*

Dannflower Reguba

Unimaginative

Read that wrong. Oops...

He's an Otter now, with all the needed changes.

Dannflower Reguba

"All good things! All good things!"
                                      ~Olaf -Frozen- (2014)~

;) Don't worry about it.

Sparks of Southsward

I will still be my squirrel thank you, me and the brigadier will take our bagpipes and send them vermin to the dark forest. As for the vermin hoard, will they be utilizing a phalanx? And will spears and shields be their only defense?