News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Should Scotland become their own country?

Started by Romsca, April 04, 2014, 02:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Scotland become their own country?

Yes
No
Undecided
I don't care

Romsca

Share your opinion and please be respectful of other's opinions! Thanks!

I believe the vote for this is coming later this year...

MeadowR

^ It is indeed. September, I think.

I'm sort of 'undecided' on this one. I'm rather in hope that if Scotland becomes independent then England can become more of its own country again, rather than being always known as 'Britain' or 'United Kingdom'; not to mention more money can start funding from English workers into English pockets and organisations and such. (I'm not ignoring Wales and Northern Ireland here, I just can't speak for their situations.) I also think, if they so want to leave the rest of the U.K., then so be it. Get by on your own, see how you cope. It's not something I feel will affect me personally, unless it makes it harder to go up there for holidays and things! I'm more concerned for the best of my own country.

As to do I think they are likely to vote 'yes' to independence in September (or whenever)... needs a bit more thought. I'll get back to this. :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

UNKN0WN

Romsca

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry for setting a bad example with the spam :P

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on April 06, 2014, 04:15:38 PM
^ It is indeed. September, I think.

The 18th! :)

The Shade

I haven't really been watching the news of late. If they want freedom, then I suppose they should have freedom.  :P
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Unimaginative

Venito, a region of Italy that includes Venice is also voting for independence soon.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Romsca

How come? Is the economy really bad or something? I believe Venetia was once a part of Austria, so that could be it

Kitsune

The Skarzs

I just hope it does not bring on wars or such.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Romsca

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 10, 2014, 04:30:35 AM
I just hope it does not bring on wars or such.

Yeah, I hope not. They're voting so it shouldn't. If it did there's no way Scotland would win, since the U.K. has so many goshdarn allies Including the US :-\

Jetthebinturong

I don't think they should, you can't have Britain without Scotland, they're an intrinsic part of our culture, I fear what should happen to the UK if we start to break down
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

I don't know much about what's going on in Scotland at the moment, so I voted "undecided", 'cause that's what I am.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Romsca

They're voting for their independence on September 18th

MeadowR

There won't be wars concerning it! I'd like to think Britain's countries have moved on from that. ;)

I think that there will be cases of Scots voting simply because they like the idea of it all because of the age-old bitterness (or whatever it is) of England without really thinking about the pros and cons. Fair enough they'll be happy of independence but I would like to think there's been some good consideration with it from the voters.

More pressing for me is the UK - or half of Britain, if Scotland splits - breaking away from the EU. Now that's something causing a stir at the moment. I'd love to get a referendum on that, that would be change I would appreciate.

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014