Favourite Redwall Covers?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 10, 2011, 12:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilly of Redwall

the US 2010 versions. and i'm new on here!  :)
Redwall forever!!!

Dotti

Hi Lily!  Welcome to the Redwall Forums!  :)
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Lilly of Redwall on September 27, 2011, 12:16:45 AM
the US 2010 versions. and i'm new on here!  :)
Another Lily! Only your name is spelled Lilly. That's good, less confusing! Welcome to Redwall Abbey. I'm Redwall Musician, and I like to answer and ask questions. Contact mod if you have any questions/problems/more questions, and feel free to introduce yourself in the introduction topic.

Quote from: Coobreedan on September 26, 2011, 05:02:05 PM
Quote from: Nightfire on September 14, 2011, 11:07:24 PM
And the British version of Mariel of Redwall:

I love that one. It also reminds me of Cluny vs Matthias.
I know right? I think I like the US cover better though.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Shinella

As for the Mariel of Redwall cover, I must agree with you. Awesome cover, but for Mariel, I like the US cover better... ;) Tis funny how different nations have different covers for the same books.. ^.^
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Gonff on August 10, 2011, 01:39:10 PM
I've never seen any of those! I like them so much better than the ones on the books I have read.
second that matey
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Coobreedan

All of my Redwall books are those British ones.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Plugg Firetail

Taggerung The Otter

all mah life ah had only seen the american ones. The when ah saw the UK ones ah was blown away by the beauty
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

daskar666

Russian covers & maps are the best hands down

Firewall978

The 10th anniversary edition of Redwall. Plus the Sable Quean Cover. And Mossflower cover.

hens162

Tiria Wildlough

Check out this version of Pearls of Lutra. It's French, by the way. ;)

Isn't that cool?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

^ Yes cool indeed, but isn't Pearls of Lutra about otters?  So where's the otter on the cover?  :P  I think the artist missed the main point of the title.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Cheesethief

ive only seen the us covers and only read up to legend of luke but so far i really like the marlfox and legend of luke covers. is it a coincidence that theyre right next to each other?

Folgrimeo

Quote from: Lutra on November 23, 2011, 12:16:06 PM
^ Yes cool indeed, but isn't Pearls of Lutra about otters?  So where's the otter on the cover?  :P  I think the artist missed the main point of the title.
For whatever reason, more often than not, the villain of a novel appears on the French book 1 cover of a given novel (the Russian covers would occasionally do that too). So they have a history of doing that as a stylistic choice, or maybe they think Redwall villains are cooler than the heroes. After all that is the lavishly-dressed Ublaz Madeyes on that cover. But I agree it's a bit odd since you don't see an otter on the cover until book 3.

And I deeply miss that Russia never got around to translating "Doomwyte", "Sable Quean", or "Rogue Crew", those would have been splendid covers. Unless simply no one's retrieved covers for them yet. I find it unlikely that a country localizing the series would stop partway through, although I've noticed everyone else adopting the US or UK covers later on.