News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Favourite Redwall Covers?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 10, 2011, 12:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scragg the Weasel

I have to say that the U.S. version of Marlfox and Taggerung are my tops. (I was amazed when I opened the package and saw The Rogue Crew though).

For Marlfox:

I can honestly remember being in 8th grade and, after reading my first couple Redwall novels, being terrified by this image.

For Taggerung:

I had just read Redwall, my Brian Jacques first and LOVED it, and I looked in the back of the book and Voilà! I saw this roguish devil on the page. This proves that a picture is worth a thousand words, because that cover led to the first redwall books I ever owned being Redwall (cause after reading them all many times it is still my fav) and Taggerung.
Where do I sign?

Skipper

i like the uk versions but i also like these versions

Bragoon

The U.S. editions of Pearls of Lutra and Rakkety Tam are my favorites.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Tiria Wildlough

@Skipper, That was the copy of Mattimeo that I read. ;D

This was the copy of High Rhulain that I read, and I think it's my favourite. The Russian one doesn't count for me, because I can't read it. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

i have that copy pf High Rhulain :D

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

Quote from: Skipper on January 21, 2012, 11:35:09 AM
i like the uk versions but i also like these versions

I like those covers as well, they're so cool! ;)
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

Tiria Wildlough

That's the copy I have. I think it's a bit stupid, 'cause Skor and Rake are not even close enough to do any damage. ::)
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

^The logo looks awesome on that one!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Tiria Wildlough

I used to stare at Ublaz on the back of the US Pearls of Lutra and pretend I was hypnotized. :D
I'm not a hipster.

shanebob

I have see your Redwall Covers and it is very good. You have organize such a nice collection of it which can help for someone to obtain it. Also you have posted it here which good for someone to see it.

Redwallfan7

Darn why won't it work

Moderator edit: Fixed the image URL.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lily

Redwallfan, your image wasn't working because you have to use the address of an image between the image tags, a search resuly page won't work. See this post for more details.

In the meantime, I fixed it for you. :)

Tiria Wildlough

That post of yours is helping a lot, Lily! :D
And now:

(The French Rakkety Tam.)
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on February 20, 2012, 04:53:31 AM
That post of yours is helping a lot, Lily! :D
It is! It's much more convenient than explaining things every time. ;)

This interview with David Wyatt has great versions of some of his UK covers without any text. I remember using the clean Triss cover as my wallpaper for a while.

Søren

I think my favorite cover would be Redwall U.S version.

I'm retired from the forum