News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Not Everything's Perfect RP

Started by Amarith Waterspring, April 07, 2014, 09:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

OOC: It says on Wylder's character sheet that so far he hasn't spoken a word, but it doesn't say that he can't talk.

BIC: "Once we escape, where do we go?" questioned Jasmine."The vermin will track us down. And how will we escape by sea?" She sighed. Can we really do this? she thought.

Amarith Waterspring

OOC: oooooh..............OK!

BIC: Mintagerun watched the slaves talking together, and had no intention of letting them escape. "Cringe, get over here." Mintagerun yelled. "Right here Chief." "Assemble the horde here." "Right away Chief," and Cringe ran off to the tents and started kicking dozing soldiers and yelling at others to 'get a move on.'
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Cornflower MM

"Hmm...Maybe." Arya said, then looked back, and saw the horde assembling. "Or maybe not...." She said, crestfallen.

Wylder Treejumper

Skyle followed her gaze. "Blast!" He grabbed up his stick and pulled Jasmine and Arya after him. "No time now! If we can get close enough to the mountain, they won't pursue, but now is no time for discussion!" He risked a glance back. "It may take a while for the horde to get ready, but if Mintegaerun is smart... Well, it will be best not to be here. I was already captured once, but I will die fighting or go down running this time!"
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Vargha opened his eyes slowly, and painfully. The horde was moving. He strained his neck as he looked at the stakes that pinned his bonds to the ground. There was little hope there. But wait; yes! he thought. Some creature had slightly knocked loose one of the stakes holding his paw; probably by tripping on it. The wildcat tugged back and forth, slowly moving it from it's steadfast place.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Amber

Jasmine ran as fast as she could through the shifting sand. Will we make it to the mountain on time, or will the vermin catch up? she thought worriedly. She glanced back at the horde, fervently hoping they would not catch up.

Amarith Waterspring

Mintagerun drew two score rats aside and told them to circle around to the mountain, cutting off any means of escape, but leaving space for the slaves to get to the mountain and back. "Make sure you are not seen. If you are I'll have your heads on a pike!" "Right Chief." Many rats answered. And trotted away darting behind rocks and trees and bushes.

OOC: Please don't see these rats.
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: IT'S A MOUNTAIN!!! Twoscore rats could not surrround it! Maybe the whole horde if they spread their ranks disastrously thin... but it's too big just to cut off escape.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Yes, actually, they could surround it. What about the system used in Redwall? They spread out, so they next one along looks like a little dot, and Ta-da!

BIC: Arya was tugged along, and she started running as fast as her paws could take her. She was afraid to look back, so she didn't. For about five seconds. She looked, and saw the horde still busy assembling themselves.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Salamandastron wasn't even in Redwall...

BIC: The mountain loomed over the slaves as they continued their escape. They reached the face of the mountain after about ten minutes of running at top speed. Seeing no easy way to climb the face, they stooped and looked around to see what they could do. Just then, Skyle spotted an old oak tree washed up on the tide line. Turning to Jasmine and Arya, he pointed it out and said, "If we can get that tree into the ocean, we can ride the current north, around the horde and up towards Mossflower. I'm familiar with the area, so we should be able to evade... And anyways, Mintagaerun has plenty of slaves, it would be a tactical error to expose himself just for three. What do you think?"
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Cornflower MM

"I don't know...I can climb this. I know I can....Maybe I should see who's here? Maybe they're friendly. It wouldn't take long." Arya said. She was scared of the water, since she couldn't swim, and you want to leap into the sea when you can't swim and you've got a heavy, furry, tail that holds in water? Not happening. No way.

Wylder Treejumper

Skyle raised an eyebrow. "Sure, we can climb it, but what about Jasmine? She's no squirrel. Going around the mountain would take too long... Mintagaerun could head us off with runners, and neither of you are armed. We have to do what is best for all of us. I'll leave no beast behind, even if it means fighting and dying while they escape. No, unless the mountain miraculously opens up in front of us, we'll have to escape by water. And I'm no otter..." suddenly Skyle looked a bit nervous, then put on a brave face. "Unless you've got a better idea, we don't really have a choice..."
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Lady Amber

Jasmine was worried. There was an army of vermin assembling behind them, a mountain in front of them, and the sea on their side. She had no idea what to do. "Well we better do something fast, they'll catch up to us," she said, as she looked behind them."Why don't we just start climbing?" She started scrambling up the mountain face, looking around for good pawholds.

Cornflower MM

"Right, that's obviously settled." Arya said firmly, hen grinned. "Here, I'll go right below you, and if you don't mind, I'll help a bit, too." She said more gently.

Lady Amber

"Alright," Jasmine agreed, as she pulled herself up further. "I could use the help." She squinted ahead, trying to see the top of the mountain. "Do you think we'll get to the top in time?"