News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Rise of the Rebels (Steampunk RP)

Started by The Shade, April 19, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Valerian heard distant timbers groan. He sharply turned his head, and saw a warship approaching unbidden. He was the only remaining Lieutenant to Raven- He had to act as such. Gesturing to a pair of guards, he spoke. "Wake Raven. Inform him of the situation. Tell him that I'll arm the defenses- Err, barring the experimental one, that isn't quite finished and could be quite volatile. I can place it on standby if he wishes." As the guard nodded and hurried off, Valerian pulled a discreet lever and a slightly rusted control panel folded out of the tree trunk. He pushed some buttons with cryptic symbols, pulled a lever, reset another, and then pushed a large hexagonal button labeled 'Enact.' Patches of ground slid away to reveal several autonomous flak guns- large, rusted steel and tarnished brass. Not the best turrets you could find, but they had proved successful on several occasions. He pulled out a small gun-like apparatus. He looked at Arya. "Right then, first orders. I'm going to see if I can speak with whoever pilots that ship. This wouldn't be the first time unmarked ships have come by, serving the Empire. I'll fire off a flare if it's alright. If you don't see a flare within three minutes, I want you to direct this device at the ship and pull its trigger. The flak gun's fire and reload systems are autonomous, but they can't aim on their own, and they require a cue to fire- this is their aid and their cue. Anything Raven says overrides me, this is just our usual defense protocol against armed warships. Good luck." With that, he leapt off the branch, and vanished.

In a shadow realm, one has a lot of control. Unfortunately, flight is not among the possibility. However, inversion of momentum is. As Valerian leapt off the branch, he plummeted towards the ground. just before he would have made impact, however, he directed his momentum towards the vessel. Shifting through the hull, he landed and rematerialized on deck, knife in hand. "What is your business here? Are you friend or for to our cause?"

OOC: Hmm. Not entirely sure I'm happy with that... Hope that doesn't mess anything up.

The Skarzs

OOC: Nah, it's fine.

BIC: "What the. . ." Dregnar quickly grabbed Valerian's shirt (A little PP here), drawing him close. "How in blue blazes did you get on my ship?" he yelled as he looked hard at him with his good eye. "I'll give you three seconds. . ."

OOC: Okay, so what I was thinking was that his ship could be shot down, then he realizes they were the rebels he was trying to meet up with.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Valerian warped away from Dregnar, leaving him clinging to empty air. "I have my ways- None of your concern, certainly. Three seconds or... what? Turn your ship and leave this place or you will be shot down."

BlueRose

OOC: Hey Skarzs, can Vicky know you from somewhere else? Just for the inane fun of it when they end up taking down the automobile factory.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Skarzs

OOC: Sounds good.

BIC: "Three seconds until I turn you and that fancy wristwatch into a steaming pile of ash! No one tells me to go; the last person who did so isn't here anymore." He folded his arms across his chest. "My ship stays."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

OOC: Fantastic. Should we plan a backstory, or just make it up on the fly later?
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

The Skarzs

OOC: We could discuss this in the OOC thread. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

Rusvul

Valerian vanished and reappeared right behind Dregnar, dagger prodding his back. "This is your last warning- Comply, or we will destroy you and your ship." His voice held in it the steel and bitterness of one who had lost everything- and the anger of speaking to one who he considered responsible.

The Skarzs

"How cute."
The cougar released a lever that would open the hatch Valerian was standing on; he would fall onto the ship below.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

OOC: Hey, wouldn't it be fun if Vicky's name was inscribed somewhere on the ship, and Valerian got mad because he thought Dregnar had stolen it?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Valerian, looking somber, vanished. A few moments later, he reappeared behind Arya. "Now!"

OOC: Hmm, that would be interesting. But Val's already given an order to fire :P

BlueRose

OOC: I should squash you, Rus. Hey, can't the ship have a name like 'S.S. Vicky H.' ? Then they won't kill the ship.

Rusvul

OOC: Heavily armed warship, what do you think we're going to do?  It could be called the Cuddle Bunny and we'd still fire if it had cannons like the and an aggressive demeanor.