The Rise of the Rebels (Steampunk RP)

Started by The Shade, April 19, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

OOC: Yeah, let's not worry about it now.

BIC: Dregnar was slammed against the side of his ship as the hull was pounded with artillery. The light armor it sported was no match for the missiles, and they ripped through into the engine, pouring smoke and steam at him.
"Whoa, it's time for a rough landing, isn't it?" The cougar coughed as he struggled to the hatch. Patting the floor fondly one last time, he jumped from his ship. As he fell, Dregnar watched the balloon deflate and the entire ship crash to the ground.
He bounced off the balloon of Raven's ship, slipping off the side and catching himself on a rope before he fell the rest of the way to the ground. Gritting his teeth, he made his way onto the deck. "I don't die that easy, mouse! Want to try again?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

OOC: Yeah, but if the name on the side is familiar, wouldn't you think it might have been stolen? Would you really want to have to pay Vicky back for the ship you blew up because you decided to be hasty? Victoria Harper doesn't own shoddy stuff, that airship is gonna be one amazing bit of technology, and therefore very expensive. Get your head on straight, and think about the politics involved. If the airship happened to be special to Vicky, she could very well get revenge on those who blew it up and couldn't pay for it by spilling all she knew about the rebels, and then she'd have diplomatic immunity on two counts (her father and her betrayal of the rebels). Do you really think you would take that chance? Vicky is a kind soul, but something special is something special, and Vicky will be ruthless on occasion.

And you shot it anyways. Dregnar can now go to Vicky and there might be repercussions.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Skarzs

OOC: It's alright, Rose; I planned this. ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

OOC: Yes, but that ship was freaking expensive. Vicky's dad was mad enough that she sold it, what's he gonna do now that the dude she sold it to got it shot down? (My inner rich girl is bemoaning the loss of expensive machinery.)

But seriously, Rus, next time you shoot airships down, think about the politics. Really.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Rusvul

OOC: Think about politics, eh? That's not something that Valerian really does. He's an inventor, a military strategist, and sometimes an assassin.

BIC: "Why so sure that I want your death? Today I fight only to defend myself, and the other rebels. But now you know our location- I would let you leave in peace, but now I cannot. You have brought this upon yourself."

BlueRose

OOC: Military strategists think about politics too! If you're a strategist of any kind, you must take into account who your allies are and who might betray you if you make an incorrect move.

Rusvul

OOC: Keep in mind that the ship is sailing towards them, the sides where a name would be painted might not be clearly visible. Also that 'Victoria' is not a particularly rare name for a ship or a person, at least not in a neovictorian setting. And remember as well that Skarzs prompted me to attack him, also that the rebels don't know all that much about Vicky. And shooting down a ship doesn't necessarily completely destroy it, at least at a low altitude. If I'm not mistaken, Skarzs' ship would have suffered a punctured airbag and a heavily damaged hull. That's not too terribly hard to patch up, especially since the hull of an airship doesn't need to be watertight. Essentially just carpentry. If it was a slow deflation, there may have been minimal casualties as well.

The Skarzs

"Whoa, wait!" Dregnar dropped down. "First: shut up. Second: You're the rebels? You would not have happened to have heard of an otter by the name of Victoria Harper perchance?"

OOC: It was only him on that ship.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

OOC: You really think Vicky's father (who gave her the ship) would make it hard to distinguish the owner? Gabriel Harper wouldn't want his daughter shot down. Sadly, you have a point, and I lost. I'd like to squash you, actually, because you made me admit that I am wrong about something... I shan't do it again.

Rusvul

"Yes, we're the rebels. Sent to kill us, are you? You'll want a bigger ship next time. And what would you want with Vicky? She's on our side, firm as any of us. 'Least, she gives us no reason to think otherwise." He paused for a moment. "Oh, you'd know her through her father, wouldn't you?

OOC: Hmm, Vicky's beginning to remind me of whatsherface, from Legend of Korra. Asami, is it? I think so...

You shan't squash me again? Glad to hear it!  ;D

The Skarzs

Dregnar folded his arms. "I only know Vicky's father because I flew into his building. He knows me because I messed up his production line. And I know Vicky because that's the ship she gave me you just shot down."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

OOC: Oooh, you watch TLOK??? *glomp* Avatar buddy!!!!!! Yeah, Vicky is based off of Asami. Sorta. It's just that Vicky works against the government. And is much more of a romanticist than Asami is. (I love Asami. She's freaking awesome.)

I shan't admit that I'm wrong again. I shall squash you.

Rusvul

Valerian shook his head slowly. "So you flew an airship into Gabriel's factory, and then Vicky gave you a ship, and then you fly at a Rebel base and get shot down. Who are you?"

OOC: Amon is the best villain ever- He makes you want to join his side just by talking, and he legitimately makes all the heroes seem like villains. And then someone like Korra talks, and you hate him again. Whatsisface destructo spirit dude from season two isn't nearly as awesome. Although I like how in TLOK there's this whole air of the heroes not knowing what the heck they're doing- And then failing- And then sometimes just barely being able to right their mistakes.

BlueRose

OOC: Right? I haven't finished season two, thanks to my shoddy internet and lack of a TV, but I know I like Amon better than the evil ice king. I can't wait to see the evil Earth queen! And see Zuko. Lots of Zuko.

The Skarzs

"My name is Dregnar; I design, make, and use weapons (Which are for sale, if you need them). I'm also an active daredevil, comedian, and pilot. Have I missed anything?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.