News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The Rise of the Rebels (Steampunk RP)

Started by The Shade, April 19, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRose

OOC: That was pretty deep, Rus. Thankfully, it made sense.

BIC: Victoria smiles once more at Arya before removing her paw from the squirrel's shoulders and answering Raven. "My old man has stopped manufacturing normal automobiles. He's selling the few hundred he has left, but now there's something new being produced. They're big. Heavy metal war-machines with treads instead of wheels. It takes weeks to make them, but the geezer is manufacturing thousands and selling them to the Empire." A scowl creeps onto her friendly features as she continues. "Helm Richards, the heir to the Richards Airship Co. told me that massive warships are being prepared. The Empire doesn't know how many rebels there are, but It intends to wipe us out."
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rusvul

Valerian grinned. "Heh, you'd be surprised what you can do with an unlikely group such as this'n."

Cornflower MM

Anyone looking at Arya's face just then would have known that something was up. "I know what those vehicles and airships are for. Oh dear...I didn't except that they would move so fast so soon, though..." She said, then started kneading her forehead. She could feel a headache coming on.

Rusvul

Valerian's grin faded. "Do y'know? Care to tell us?"

Cornflower MM

Arya continued kneading her forehead, and sighed. "They plan to use those things not only to root out others like us, but to terrify the creatures, and enslave them. They plan to take any and all farmland, and such, build into as big city, and eventually kill of all the others." She said, hoping that it would not sound too vague "But first, they're going to use them to capture any and all important people who defy their cause. In short, creatures like Captain Raven here, but they don't know about us. Yet." She went on. "I'm sorry; That's all I gathered before I escaped." She said, hoping it would be enough.

Unimaginative

Vlad was feeling kind of awkward. He had dashed through the streets, nearly killing himself thanks to his poor lungs, and now he was being ignored by the rest of the group, who seemed not to have noticed his arrival. He gave a little cough, and repeated the question. "What have I missed?"
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Rusvul

Valerian looked over at Vlad. "Oh, hello. Good to see you again. Nothing terribly important has happened- The Empire can disrupt Shaderunners, they've got new weapons, and Arya is an escaped slave who's helping us. Hmm, I probably summarized that terribly. Someone else care to make sense?"

BlueRose

Vicky looked at Vladimir, her jovial face deadpan. "The world is going to go up in flames."

She had noticed his presence, but the matter at hand had seemed a bit urgent. However, now that her news and Arya's news was out, she supposed it would be ok to mess around a little. With a grin, she pounced on Vlad's power pack and began fiddling with it. "Is this one new? Golly, Vlad, where do you pick this stuff up?"
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Norham Waterpaw

Frinlen grinned, idly patting a large grenade on his bandolier. "Oh yes, th' world will go up in flames, once we're done. Knowin' us, we got a lot more t'worry 'bout than th' world catchin' fire."
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Unimaginative

Vlad shook off Vicky, then responded. "Yes, it's new. My last one was almost broken, so I "borrowed" this from the manufacturers. And Frinlen, I agree. With you around, the world willgo out in flames." He reached onto his back, fiddling with the knobs again, as he felt a bit short of breath still. "Now, what's this about the empire having new weapons?"

BlueRose

Vicky laughed at Vlad and once again began messing with his power pack. "This is an old model. I could make some adjustments for you, maybe spruce it up a bit. How 'bout it?"

Unimaginative

"If it'll keep me from killing myself when running from whatever trouble you cause, sure." replied the Fossa, the visible creases on his face showing that he was smiling.

The Shade

Raven had all this while been listening with his eyes closed, thinking.

"Seems worse than I anticipated," he remarked to Vicky. He noticed Vlad standing there, and gestered to a chair. "Vlad! Take a seat, I apologize."  There was a pause.

"We have to take out the factories," he said suddenly. "Take out the factories and they can't replace any machines we vandalize or destroy. "Vicky, how secure is your father's joint?
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

BlueRose

Vicky continued fiddling with Vlad's power pack while responding to Raven. "Not as secure as he thinks it is. We've got a mole on the inside."

Rusvul

"Do we now? I did not know of this." Valerian found a stool and sat as well. A grating noise sounded from his wrist, and Valerian winced. He turned a dial, and the purple focus shards turned dark. Pulling an elaborate prismatic wrench and a light from a pocket, he set to work, alternately using the wrench as a wrench, and shining light through it. After a short while, he turned another crank, stowed the wrench and the light back in his pocket, and the crystals returned to their former shine.