News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The topic to talk about Country stuff (In search of better title)

Started by Tam and Martin, May 05, 2014, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should a new name for the topic be?

Redneck Alley
Outdoors Stuff
The Epic Topic not meant for those with a weak stomach
To those in the country...

Wylder Treejumper

They are big all right.

As for dumb bets, ever eaten the eye off a fish raw?...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Wylder Treejumper

Ever caught a minnow with your bare hands? How about noodling?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Yep. Both.

I knocked the eye out of the opposite side of the fish's head once. :D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

I tried noodling once but the fish are too small to bite my hand.

Wylder Treejumper

Funny story about that...

I was catching minnows with my bare hands off a dock. I had a piece of pizza crust that I would lure the minnows in with between my hands. A minnow came up to bite the crust and just before I closed my hands a huge water moccasin slid through my fingers and swallowed both the crust and the minnow! The blasted snake was like three and a half feet long! I felt it slither through my fingers! I pulled my hands out of that lake sharpish, and I couldn't try to catch another minnow with my hands. Who knew, the snake swam under the dock, maybe it was still hungry?
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I've been a couple feet away from a wild octopus.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dawnwing

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 05, 2014, 08:28:52 PM
Ever caught a catfish? Or a bullhead? Nasty slimeballs, they are.
Yep.  My neighbors own a private lake, and it's got lots of bluegills and largemouth bass, but it also has a ton of bullheads.  I haven't been fishing in years.

I've never been hunting, though my dad's taught me to fire his .22 (apparently I'm a pretty good shot.)  He's got a pretty good story from the last time he went deer hunting, about ten years ago: he was sitting on a hill overlooking the pond, and a deer came down to drink.  It turned sideways, so he had a perfect shot.  He hit it and killed it, it rolled down the bank, into the pond, and started floating out - and sinking.  He ran back to the house, a quarter mile, and grabbed some rope.  Ran back, made a lasso, lassoed an antler, and pulled it in.  He joked after that that hunting was too much work.

As far as other countryish stuff, I can say that my high school was so small (my graduating class had 49 people for example), we had a drive-your-tractor-to-school day.  The same town also has a drive-your-tractor-to-church day.

The Mask

Ack, 'earin'  about all the fish is a tad depressing. Ah live ina bloomin desert with three types of fish which grow no bigger than your finger.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Dawnwing on May 06, 2014, 05:15:18 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on May 05, 2014, 08:28:52 PM
Ever caught a catfish? Or a bullhead? Nasty slimeballs, they are.
I've never been hunting, though my dad's taught me to fire his .22 (apparently I'm a pretty good shot.)  He's got a pretty good story from the last time he went deer hunting, about ten years ago: he was sitting on a hill overlooking the pond, and a deer came down to drink.  It turned sideways, so he had a perfect shot.  He hit it and killed it, it rolled down the bank, into the pond, and started floating out - and sinking.  He ran back to the house, a quarter mile, and grabbed some rope.  Ran back, made a lasso, lassoed an antler, and pulled it in.  He joked after that that hunting was too much work.

Lol! That's awesome! You said he shot it with a .22? Those are fun guns! I think that they are a good transfer gun when you go from shooting a pellet gun to a real gun - Not to much recoil that it scares the new shooter but enough power and noise that they realize it is a real gun.

I actually have never been deer hunting. Because I live in Florida, the deer are small and maybe look like big dogs. We sometimes mistake our neighbor's goats as deer  ;D :P

Quote from: Dawnwing on May 06, 2014, 05:15:18 AM
As far as other countryish stuff, I can say that my high school was so small (my graduating class had 49 people for example), we had a drive-your-tractor-to-school day.  The same town also has a drive-your-tractor-to-church day.
That. Is. AWESOME!  :D

Since we're homeschooled we really don't have to drive to school but if we were Public schooled then I would so want to do that!

Anyway, does anyone own any type of vehicle besides a normal car? ATV? UTV? Go Kart? Snowmobile? Gator?

My brother owns a Yamaha ATV that I am able to ride often. I never really wanted to buy my own cause I can use his almost anytime I want. He will be getting two more quads soon two - A Polaris and another I can't remember the name of.

The Skarzs

We used to have an ATV, but we sold it. (Actually, it was my brother's, and he sold it.)
The first gun I shot was my grandpa's .30 caliber Carbine from when he was in the Korean War. I was five. ;D
That's the best gun ever. It has a 15 round clip, as well as a place to attach a bayonet. It has a lot more kick than a .22, and I would shoot it for hours if I could. (I ran out of bullets)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

That is cool! I don't think I've ever shot a .30 though. My brother owns a .35.

Wylder Treejumper

My uncle has two gun safes larger than refrigerators, completely filled with guns and ammo. If it exists, he's got it. Rifles from the civil war, assault rifles, 8 gauge shotgons, .60 cals, .22s that fit in the palm of your hand...

Yeah. That's my favorite uncle.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Tam and Martin

Wylder Treejumper

I just love going out to his house and splitting milk jugs with a .350 magnum!!!
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington