News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Nearest book to you game

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 13, 2011, 01:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

Case Histories in International Politics by Kendall W. Stiles, 7th ed.
pg. 56 line 5:
"...the alliances involve one major power pledging to protect a weaker state from a more powerful adversary, but..."

Lady Amber

The nearest book to me is The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King by (you already know who it is  ;D) J.R.R. Tolkien.
Page 56 line 5 is part of a song and says: Golden timbers were in gloom mantled.

Blaggut

The nearest book is The Amtgard Rulebook. It is the Rulebook for the LARPing organization I am in.

Line 5 page 56 is the incantantation required to cast the spell Discordia:

My discordant melodies shall stymie my foes. x3
~Just a soft space boi~

Banya

Lord Brocktree, pg. 56 line 5 reads Dotti saying to a weasel "I'm beautiful but I'm dangerous."

Okay, this is my saying.  I call this.

Skyblade

Good Enough by Paula Yoo. Page 56, line 5 is in the middle of two sentences, so I'll just post them:

"For example, she always makes me captain when it comes to assigning teams for whatever sport we're about to learn. She does that because I'm the worst athlete in the school, and she doesn't want me to be chosen last all the time."

Did I mention how much I like this thread? ;D This is a cool game!!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Faiyloe

The nearest book to me was my sisters Algebra book

One of her math problems: -[24+(-5)]+[-(-2+6)]

And now just because I can the answer (-11)
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Banya

What... *is totally unsure how the answer is -11*
Well, I guess that's what high school math did for me.

Faiyloe

math

-[24+(-5)]+[-(-2+6)]
-(24-5)+(2+6)
-(19)+8
(-19)+8
8+(-19)
8-19

There! ;D
[close]

Banya

Hmm... In the second brackets, I don't think the negation outside of the parentheses is factored in until after the problem within the parentheses has been completed.

math

-[24+(-5)]+[-(-2+6)]
-[24-5]+[-(4)]
-[19]+[-4]
-19-4
[close]
We could use a 3rd opinion on this.

Faiyloe

Ah true true. I didn't see that one. XD I should know this stuff... I have been doing enough 3rd and 4th degree equations. As for the book closest to me... I have not started reading it yet and I never read ahead. so I will pick the book that is second closet to me. Which is "The best short stories of O. Henry"

QuoteThe reflection was satisfactory.

Jukka the Sling

Let's Eat Right to Keep Fit by Adelle Davis, page 56, line 5: ..."mucus covering or are made ineffective by the mucus; they..."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Russa Nodrey

The Emperor's Code by Gordon Korman, page 56, line 5: "But Puyi only reigned until he was six," Amy mused."
Freddy

Amarith Waterspring

The nearest book to me is my math text book. pg 56 line 5 says. "Measure all the angles." pretty boring but still I cant change it. :P
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Mhera

The nearest book to me also happens to be a math textbook. Page 56, line 5:

"C. Domain: All positive real numbers; Range: All positive real numbers and 0"

Rainshadow

Nearest book to me is Order of the Phoenix, and the fifth line on the fifty-sixth page is:

"Hard left, hard left, there's a Muggle looking up!" shouted Moody
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!