News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

The Missing Piece

Started by Edraithel, May 14, 2014, 11:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edraithel

"Alrighty then, off we go, I'll start up a good song to march along too. I learned this from other squirrels I meet while roving.

Down goes the paw an' up rises dust,
Keep thy courage, hold thy trust,
Come to our journey's end we must,
Marching the high road together.

Tramp tramp tramp! Can we make camp?
Not whilst there's light, not 'til tonight!
One two! One two! Beneath a sky o' blue,
Sing out, comrades, Tramp tramp tramp!

On goes the trail, for ever more,
Weary of limb, and sore of paw,
Keep on moving, that's our law,
Marching the high road together.

Tramp tramp tramp! Can we make camp?
I'll tell ye when, don't stop 'til then!
One two! One two! Daylight hours growing few,
Sing out, comrades, Tramp tramp tramp!"

OOC: I did take this from Lord Brocktree, it's Jukka's tribe's marching song.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Edraithel on May 31, 2014, 12:04:09 AM
Vera cleared her throat, "Wouldn't you like to know where we're going?"

"Nice song! I'm afraid my singing voice sounds like a trapped frog under a rock under a hollow barrel. In other words, hideous." Arbella said, walking along with her arm still linked with Kitty's.

BlueRose

"I only know songs about otherbeasts coming home..." Jubilee felt slightly uncomfortable with Arbella's arm linked with hers, but she wasn't going to say anything.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Cornflower MM

"Oh, that's a pity." Arbella said, then noticed the otter's discomfort and casually dropped her arm. "What about you, mousey?" She asked Randoll.

FloweringStar

Randoll shrugged. "I don't know many songs. Poems and verses, but not songs."
Sekai de ichiban ohimesama. ;)

Cornflower MM

"So, recite something for us! If you don't mind." Shew said, still quite cheerful. She was an optimist, and had been known to get on grumpy creature's nerves.

Edraithel

"Oh yes Randoll, please." Vera played along and fluttered her eyelashes at him.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

BlueRose

Jubilee shook her head vehemently at the two squirrels. "You don't want to do that."
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Cornflower MM

"Why not?" Arbella asked, looking a tad bit confused, then looking cheerful again. "He doesn't that bad of a vcoice, does he?" She asked playfully.

BlueRose

Jubilee gave Arbella a wide-eyed look. "Really. No. Stop. Don't."

Cornflower MM

"What is it?" Arbella asked, stopping all attempts to get Randoll to recite.

BlueRose

Looking at Randoll, who apparently hadn't heard most of the conversation, Jubilee whispered to Arbella. "He can say the most outrageous things with a straight face. The verses he knows are odd. And confusing. They don't match his demeanor at all!"

Edraithel

Vera leaned in close as well to whisper to them, "What if that's what he's like underneath and he just hides it, maybe one day he'll crack and go crazy." She really shouldn't tease them but she couldn't resist.

Cornflower MM

Arbella's eyes widened. "really?" She whispered, to both of them.

BlueRose

"I think he's already gone crazy, he just hides it well." Jubilee grinned at the two squirrels, not hiding the fact that she knew Randoll rather well, despite her not being very good with otherbeasts.