News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Of Monsters and Men-Band

Started by Unimaginative, June 17, 2014, 03:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

The name is pretty explanatory. I was just wondering if anyone here has heard of the Icelandic band Of Monsters and Men. They have a really unique musical style, and are my favorite musicians.

For one of their songs you've likely heard, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I&feature=kp

It's called "Little Talks", and was number one song on US Alternative Charts, and number one in Iceland and Ireland.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

The Skarzs

I've heard of them, but don't quite remember. . . oh yes! They did 'Little Talks', didn't they?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Romsca

Yes! :D

And "Dirty Paws". Have you heard any of their other songs? I haven't yet

Unimaginative

I've heard all of their songs, though I don't think much of the "Live from Vatnagaroar" versions of "Little Talks" and "King and Lionheart".

Edraithel

"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Dag Downyfur

Of their songs, I know 'Little Talks', 'Dirty Paws', and 'Mountain Sound'...and I know names of other songs but haven't really listened to them (I'd like to do so, though.)
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Unimaginative

Quote from: Edraithel on June 17, 2014, 11:13:31 PM
Love their song From Finner

From Finner is my my favorite song by them, though Mountain Sound, Dirty Paws, and Numb Bears are high uo there.

Did anyone hear that they're working on a new album?