News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Twilight, anyone?

Started by Cornflower MM, July 12, 2014, 10:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

(Not sure if this goes here, but oh well.)

So, uh, does ANYONE here like Twilight? (SOMEONE SAY YES! I DON'T WANNA BE THE ONLY TWILIGHT FAN HERE!!!)

EDIT: Anyone? Oh, come on!

Rusvul

Errr.... I personally have no opinion, but I know that widely (especially across the internet) Twilight is an oft-made fun of series. Not exactly the most widely liked series.

Cornflower MM

Yeah....People either love it, or hate it. Mainly hate it......... :(

rachel25

*holds up hand*
I really hate it. In fact I loath it.

Norham Waterpaw

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on July 15, 2014, 06:39:24 PM
This topic must burn.

Only during the daytime, but it really only sparkles.  ;)

Back on topic, I am not a fan of the series, but from trailers and YouTube videos about the movies, I know a bit about the series.  It may be interesting to some, but I'm not overly fond of romance.  I like more murdering and less romantic whispering.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Cornflower MM

You should read the books, then, Rain. Just to give it a shot. Pleeeeaaaase? I want someone to obsess over the series with....

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on July 15, 2014, 06:39:24 PM
This topic must burn.

Um, okay. Thanks for the opinion......

Quote from: rachel25 on July 15, 2014, 05:38:46 PM
*holds up hand*
I really hate it. In fact I loath it.

I know....it's sad, really......

Rainshadow

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 15, 2014, 08:53:31 PM
You should read the books, then, Rain. Just to give it a shot. Pleeeeaaaase? I want someone to obsess over the series with....

Lol, I'm pretty sure I'd get disgusted looks from the rest of my family if I chose to read them.  (My family despises the series.  I'm more of the "meh" opinion.)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BlueRose

BURN IT WITH FIRE.

Srsly. Robert Pattinson did a better impression of a dead body in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire than he did a vampire. And honestly, a SPARKLING vampire? How much glitter did they use? 

And what's-her-face is worse than the chick who played Katara on The Last Airbender live action movie.

Sorry, Corn. Twilight is one thing that I'm not kind about. At all.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Rusvul

...Sparkling vampires...?

BlueRose

Yes. Sparkling vampires. Like Barbie. She's a sparkling vampire. She sucks the life out of little children who bask in their originality.

Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: BlueRose on July 15, 2014, 10:09:48 PM
Yes. Sparkling vampires. Like Barbie. She's a sparkling vampire. She sucks the life out of little children who bask in their originality.

That is not true! Although, I do have to say Barbie sucks. SHE'S AN ANOREXIC PLASTIC FIGURINE, for heaven's sake!

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 15, 2014, 09:54:08 PM
...Sparkling vampires...?

Uh-huh. They sparkle in the sunlight, which is why the Cullens moved BACK to the Olympic Peninsula. It's the rainiest place in the world.

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 15, 2014, 09:17:33 PM

Lol, I'm pretty sure I'd get disgusted looks from the rest of my family if I chose to read them.  (My family despises the series.  I'm more of the "meh" opinion.)

Aww, come on! Please? Just the first one!

Rusvul

...Aren't vampires supposed to burn in daylight, not sparkle...?

Rainshadow

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 15, 2014, 11:48:54 PM

In Skyrim, a vampire's blood boils in the sunlight, making them lose their stamina and not regenerate health quickly (if at all).  In Supernatural, the light just hurts their eyes...

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 15, 2014, 11:33:43 PM

But... romance...  And why is it in Washington?  I mean, sure, it's cloudy there a lot, but it doesn't rain THAT often.  And in Eastern Washington, it's actually quite dry and warm.

Cornflower MM

Well, Ms. Meyer decided that they'd sparkle. So, they sparkle. And look beautiful.

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 16, 2014, 12:01:52 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 15, 2014, 11:48:54 PM

In Skyrim, a vampire's blood boils in the sunlight, making them lose their stamina and not regenerate health quickly (if at all).  In Supernatural, the light just hurts their eyes...

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 15, 2014, 11:33:43 PM

But... romance...  And why is it in Washington?  I mean, sure, it's cloudy there a lot, but it doesn't rain THAT often.  And in Eastern Washington, it's actually quite dry and warm.

What's wrong with romance? C'mon, it's not THAT bad, I promise!

And, the Olympic Peninsula (As I've pointed out before) Is supposed to be the rainiest place i the world. As they sparkle in sunlight, they decided to move there again.