News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Twilight, anyone?

Started by Cornflower MM, July 12, 2014, 10:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

I understand that my opinion is unpopular and I do not care

Also you're correct, I'm completely insane
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

BlueRose

Good. I'm glad you know you are insane.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

rachel25

Quote from: BlueRose on July 15, 2014, 09:35:32 PM
BURN IT WITH FIRE.

Srsly. Robert Pattinson did a better impression of a dead body in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire than he did a vampire. And honestly, a SPARKLING vampire? How much glitter did they use? 

And what's-her-face is worse than the chick who played Katara on The Last Airbender live action movie.

Sorry, Corn. Twilight is one thing that I'm not kind about. At all.

BlueRose

YES!

(Jet, you are insane. About everything. And I'm the Avatar, so you gotta deal with it.)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

rachel25

Too much twilight! Must escape!

Cornflower MM

*Exasperated voice* Okay, okay! Jet, Blue -Do I need to make a topic for y'all to argue about Harry Potter? I will.

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 16, 2014, 02:32:35 AM
....I would argue that most long book series end up being somewhat formulaic. Redwall and Harry Potter both show this, many others do as well.

Redwall is good in that it barely has any formukla. End of stroy, please.

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on July 16, 2014, 01:31:48 PM
My mom has watched all the movies, and so have I. They were boring, to drawn out, and EVERYone was SOOO pale! I mean every on at the school, other non vampire people, Pale! They were just not my thing. My cousins LOVE the book . I just don't see why! Oh, and here us my take on Harry Potter. I read the first 5 books and watched all the movies. Yes it has a theme through out every book, but every book has something to do with the end of the series, like leading up to it. Ya know what I mean?

They're pale because the sun doesn't shine much there! DUH! Boring? What planet are you living on? They're original! I mean, c'mon! GOOD vampires! That drink ANIMAL blood! Not human's! Too drawn out? Okay, gotta agree with you on that one a little bit....But that's kinda what made them so good! And, you should hook me up with your cousins. Then I can talk Twilight with someone without having to defend it.

Quote from: BlueRose on July 16, 2014, 01:56:44 PM
Oh, come on. Harry Potter is bloody brilliant. There is CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, a literary device which has fallen quite by the wayside to make way for stupid romances.

Hey! That was just a bit too unnecessary. >:(

Quote from: rachel25 on July 16, 2014, 05:43:27 PM
Quote from: BlueRose on July 15, 2014, 09:35:32 PM
BURN IT WITH FIRE.

Srsly. Robert Pattinson did a better impression of a dead body in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire than he did a vampire. And honestly, a SPARKLING vampire? How much glitter did they use? 

And what's-her-face is worse than the chick who played Katara on The Last Airbender live action movie.

Sorry, Corn. Twilight is one thing that I'm not kind about. At all.

Ouch....

Okay, okay! How about this: Blue, Jet, and Rachel: If it's too much Twilight for you, and if you, Blue, and you, Jet, are going to continue seriously ragging and tearing at one of my favorite series, then why don't you just not click on this topic? Rachel, dear, that goes for you, too, but aside from the sparkly vampire picture above, you're not too irritating about this yet. But still: If you don't like Twilight, please, just don't click! Rus, Gonff, you've both made your points quite clear. No need to ratg on Twilight, and as stated above, if you don't like Twilight, then don't click. :-\ *Exasperated voice ends*

Tam and Martin

Glad I didn't join this topic beforehand.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Cornflower MM

If you don't like Twilight, then please zip it.

Tam and Martin

Cornflower MM

Tam and Martin

Cornflower MM

Does anyone have anything POSITIVE to say about Twilight? And another thing: Who here has actually READ any of the books in the series?

The Mask

I read the first book a long time ago. I thought the storyline was alright, I did't like all that romance. Also the vampires were a bit weird... I think the movies were terrible though. Except for the werewolves, I liked their design for some reason.

(P.s. I know Rose will kill me for this but I'm with you Jet)
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rainshadow

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 16, 2014, 06:58:23 PM
Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on July 16, 2014, 01:31:48 PM
My mom has watched all the movies, and so have I. They were boring, to drawn out, and EVERYone was SOOO pale! I mean every on at the school, other non vampire people, Pale! They were just not my thing. My cousins LOVE the book . I just don't see why! Oh, and here us my take on Harry Potter. I read the first 5 books and watched all the movies. Yes it has a theme through out every book, but every book has something to do with the end of the series, like leading up to it. Ya know what I mean?

They're pale because the sun doesn't shine much there! DUH!

*Cough*  Not true.  *Cough*  ;)  (Sorry, I just thought I'd add in my 0.00000005 cents.  :P)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!