News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Twilight, anyone?

Started by Cornflower MM, July 12, 2014, 10:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

What do you think makes their skin rock hard? Or, it's quite a bit likelike their blood, Rus. ::)

Are you a Twilighter, Saxophone?

saxophone_cat

Yes I am a huge twihard I have a twilight Barbie doll
The Chinese Fireball, ooooh!

Cornflower MM

Really?!? Where can I get one of those?!?

I got a Twilight game!

rachel25

*stitches mouth shut so I don't speak....at all*

Cornflower MM

Rachel, haven't we talked about this?

rachel25

*tries to speak through stitched up mouth*

Cornflower MM

*Rolls eyes and carefully cuts throuth the thread*

rachel25

*takes deep gasping breaths* *cough* Thank you, and yes, we have talked about this.

Cornflower MM

Cornflower MM

Meh. My mom got all the books for me! Yaay! :P :P :P I don't even have to wait until Christmas!

MeadowR

The Twilight series isn't quite so awful as some people make out. I haven't seen all the films but have read all the books which were just about tolerable. :p The fourth book was the worst because I was interested by the love triangle of the first three books, and other things that occurred in the final book were dull (avoiding spoilers just in case) and the ending was poorly concluded - so much happens to get to the end 'decider' and then when the 'decider' occurs, not actually much happens with it. As far as sides go, as much as I like wolves, I had more interest for the vampire team.

To be fair I was a bit above the supposed age range for these books... on the other hand, other 'teen' books do prove to still enjoyable as you get older. The books and film are a bit of fun for one or two reads and watches, but I don't take much more from them than that. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Cornflower MM

Twilight ois one of things were p[eople either love it, or love to hate it, basically. I get what you're saying, Meadow. 

Maudie

I was just reading through this thread and laughing SO HARD!! Apparently there aren't many Twilight fans on this forum. I haven't read the books, but I've read enough negative and indifferent reviews of them on amazon that I can laugh when I hear a Twilight joke.  :D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jetthebinturong

I hate Twilight because it's poorly written, the vampires sparkle and Edward and Bella's relationship is incredibly creepy

In the words of a random commenter on Youtube:
"He breaks into her house to watch her sleep ... He forces her to do everything he says and at one point leaves her just because he's paranoid he might kill her and drink her blood and she's so obsessed with him that she mopes around in her bedroom for months after he leaves her and at one point she even deliberately jumps off a cliff just so she can see a hallucination of him talking to her. The whole Cullen family threaten to drag her to a birthday party they throw for her if she doesn't come of her own free will. He rips the engine out of her truck so she can't go anywhere he doesn't want her to. And when she gets pregnant with their baby he tries to force her to abort it and calls it an evil abomination. And the author and Twilight's crazy fans actually see this as "true love." It's insane. 
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan