News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The Labyrinth RP!

Started by Tam and Martin, July 13, 2014, 09:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Arya was deep in her thoughts, not having listened after Damien took charge. She had nodded at Bai, rolled her eyes at Marshall, and shrugged at Damien.

Jukka the Sling

Acacia came to with a groan of pain. Her head was throbbing, and when she ventured to touch the side of it, her paw encountered a lump the size of an egg. She sat up, and her heart sank as the full import of her situation dawned on her. The female squirrel who had knocked her out was gone; only a length of broken-off chain that lay on the cave floor showed that she'd been there at all. And there was no telling how many minutes had passed since she'd left. The vixen looked around wildly, but saw only the small group of slaves at the other end of the cave.

A slave escaped on my watch. I'll never live this down, she thought, her heart beating fast with her worry, which also made her head pound even more. She grimaced, then got to her footpaws and tried to think of what to do.

Obviously, she needed to alert the other jailers that a slave was missing. But what would happen to her if she did? Would she be sent home in disgrace because she couldn't even do her job properly? What would her father say?

But the fact was, if she didn't tell the other jailers, she'd end up looking even worse once the slave's disappearance was discovered later. The vixen bit her lip, then decided the best course would to quickly go and tell Jarg. Maybe everything would turn out alright.

Acacia headed past the slaves to the other end of the cave, where there were several tunnels. She took one that she knew was a shortcut to the area she was pretty sure Jarg was in. She followed it for several moments, her heart thrumming with nervousness at the prospect of telling the other jailer. But she knew she had to; she was nearly there now.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tam and Martin

Jarg also came to with a mumbles and curses not really knowing what happened until he saw that his weapons, keys, and some other things were missing. He became alarmed immediately and began to pace around not really knowing what to do. Then he resolved that he had to go find some other jailers and track the slaves down and bring them back and hopefully act like nothing had happened.

He walked fastly down the passageway and thought he heard someone. He called out "Acacia, is that you?"

OOC: If you would like me to edit that post in any way, I can, Jukka,

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Cornflower MM

OOC: So. Tam, would you post as Damien, please?

Jukka the Sling

OOC @Tam: It's fine.
BIC:

Jarg, she thought, feeling even more nervous. But she had to get it out.

"Yeah, it's me," she said as the other jailer came into view. "Uh, I've got to tell you something." She paused, then blurted out, "A slave escaped."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tam and Martin

Jarg was relieved "Oh, Good, only you". But then he heard her say 'A slave escaped' He immediately became infuriated and began to yell.

"You stup-"

Then, he thought better of it realizing that he had lost almost two slaves himself and if he was to yell at her for that then he would certainly not be in a much better state.

"Er, well, I kind of lost.....two slaves......er, three.........also, so.........."

His voice trailed out as he waited for what Acacia would respond but then he thought he should just take matters into his own hands so he said,

"What we need to do is get several other slavers like us, without alarming the chief, and trace these slaves down and finish this before they release others to help them in their cause."

"That being said, let's get some others to help us and lets chase these slaves down ."

He strutted off down several of the tunnels calling out to anyone he saw to 'Follow him if they want to be rich'.

Many of them did until they had a good sized band. 'Now it is time to put this rebellion down' he thought......

-----------------------

Damien was starting to notice several places he recognized down the tunnels. He said out loud "I think we are almost to the armoury." He ran ahead a little farther and glanced around when he noticed that they had come to a dead end.

"NOOOOOOOO!"

He ran up to the wall and banged on it several times out of anger. How could they go on from now? They had already travelled about 5 miles and there were no cut-off on the way which meant that they would have to go back all those five miles and try another path.

He stood there for just a moment on the verge of tears knowing that someone would ask him sooner or later what they were going to do and also knowing that he would have to give the answer.

-----------------------

Jarg had now gathered almost 25 bloodthirsty jailers and were continuing down the tunnel, speaking encouragement to them while going.

"Look there! I ken see some tracks of those oafs who tried to escape. And, lucky for us, they are heading towards the dead end and they don't know about the secret passage from there that leads to the armoury. We hit it rich this time"

As they approached the dead end, Jarg said.

"Now, I want you all to remain silent. We will try our best to capture them though, if they fight us, you may fight back. Kill or capture. No escapers - Remember that."

Jarg quietly crept forward, the others following their example.

-------------------

Wile Damien stood there, he heard a noise behind him. He looked and saw that it wasn't one of his comrades, but a small skinny rat creeping along the ground. His eyes grew wide and, reacting to the moment he grabbed a large chunk of rock and jump over his comrades onto the rat and plunged it into his head.

He began to breath heavily when he looked back and saw several more headed this way.

He loped back to where the other slaves were, yelling,

"JAILERS! THEY'RE AFTER US!:

He looked for another piece of rock and accidentally tripped. He landed against the tunnel wall and, surprisingly, it fell apart creating a small hole.

He gasped! A way to escape! He didn't know where it leaded to but he knew it was a way to escape. e yelled to everyone else "Hurry into the hole! Single file!"

He then yelled directly to Bronwyn "Bronwyn, You and I will hold off the retreat. Find something for long distance fighting"

He grabbed himself several chunks of rock and prepared himself, yelling to the others "COME ON! GO!"

---------------

Jarg cursed underneath his breath. They're onto us. He moaned but then took action and yelled to the other Jailers "CHAAAAAARGE!!!!!"

They all did as commanded.

------------------

Damien saw them begin to come and yelled even harsher

"Get in there! Quick! Bronwyn, get ready!"

e prepared for what was going to happen....... The worst.......

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall hurried down. He hoped Damien was going to be alright. Oh, and Brownyn also.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Unimaginative

Gjorden, rather than flee into the cave, brandished his sword menacingly. He would much rather staying and fighting than retreating, even if it meant his death.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Cornflower MM

Arya not having a weapon, was torn. She really, really, REALLY did not want to flee, but what could she defend herself with>?

Jukka the Sling

Acacia was quite surprised to hear that Jarg had also lost some slaves. She didn't say anything, but followed him as he rounded up jailers. As they reached the dead end where the slaves were, she gripped her spear resolutely. So help her, she was going to make up for her incompetence earlier.
--------------------------
Bronwyn had been going to head through the escape tunnel when Damien said she and he were going to hold the main tunnel against the jailers. Caught by surprise, she was going to protest or just head through the tunnel anyway, when for an instant she realized how selfish that was. She paused, irresolute, then joined the hare, and grabbed several large chunks of rock as the jailers advanced.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: *Coughsomeonepostcough*

Unimaginative

OOC: We need Tam to initiate the attack and make Gjorden and Arya go down the tunnel somehow, unless you want one of them with you.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Tam and Martin

OOC: AHHHHHHHHHHH! I just tried to make a really long post "Longer than the one above ^^ and then my computer shut down  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I am sorry but I am to angry to do it right now so I will need to do it later.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Okay. . . . . . Fine. . . . . . .

Jukka the Sling

OOC: Tam, could you please post? I don't want this RP to die...