The Endless Story

Started by CaptainRocktree, August 06, 2014, 05:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

And Sir Thomas More wrote a book entitled Dystopia.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

LT Sandpaw

It got one review from New York Times that stated "Trash, good for the fireplace."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Amber

So Sir Thomas More rioted.

Izeroth

Henry I of Czechoslovakia slew More in combat and proclaimed himself dictator of the world.

James Gryphon

Henry I was a megalomaniac, and actually had only a tiny little fiefdom, but he thought he ruled the world.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

He was such a bad ruler that all his subjects just ignored him and went on with their lives.

Skyblade

Eventually, Henry I got so angry that he ran after them, but in his fury he fell into the Bottomless Pit of Despair.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Izeroth

Which was really just a metaphor for Kentucky.

Wylder Treejumper

Now that he saw the metaphor, he found himself magically transported to Kentucky.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Ashenwyte

When Henry VII challenged him to a duel.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Wylder Treejumper

He reached for his sword, but found his only weapon was a rubber chicken.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Ashenwyte

So Henry VII slew him with a single sword thrust.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Izeroth

And then accidentally slew himself with a backward strike.

James Gryphon

A thousand years later, a random guy came along and saw the sword (which had not rusted) lying there on the ground.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

He picked it up an he was transported the wonderful world of Ooz