News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Seeing Auras

Started by Unimaginative, August 07, 2014, 06:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

It's an interesting thing. I've always thought of auras as a sort of spiritual thing, like they depend on how righteous you are. Not your beliefs, mind you. Just how good of a person you are. Anyone can have an aura. I think it's more of a feeling than something you can actually see, although some people say they can.

(Basically, I'm saying you can have an aura whether you are atheist or Christian or Buddhist or Islam or whatever, and auras are feelings, not actual energies or "halos" or whatever.)

Just my thoughts.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Izeroth

It sounds like nonsense to me, but I'd be willing to accept it if I actually experienced something of the sort.

Lady Ashenwyte

I may have felt a ghost before. I've seen a dark reflection in a mirror and when I looked back, it (or he or she) is gone. Weird.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Quote from: Izeroth on January 17, 2015, 07:50:58 AM
It sounds like nonsense to me, but I'd be willing to accept it if I actually experienced something of the sort.

Basically my thoughts
baby turtle forever

Delthion

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 17, 2015, 09:35:45 AM
I may have felt a ghost before. I've seen a dark reflection in a mirror and when I looked back, it (or he or she) is gone. Weird.

OooooOOOOoo...spooky... ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Kitsune

It would not have been a ghost. People do not come back from the dead unless God wills it, and He would not do that just so they could pop up in a mirror. It could have been a spirit though. Of what, I am uncertain.

Rusvul

Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 17, 2015, 08:50:43 PM
It would not have been a ghost. People do not come back from the dead unless God wills it, and He would not do that just so they could pop up in a mirror. It could have been a spirit though. Of what, I am uncertain.
No offense intended to anyone, but there isn't much point criticizing someone else's personal belief and citing your own personal belief as the reason they're wrong.

That being said, as I am somewhat skeptical in nature, I'm inclined to disbelieve rumors of auras and such.

Wylder Treejumper

I really don't understand this... :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Maudie

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on January 17, 2015, 10:59:40 PM
I really don't understand this... :P
I know. It's confusing.

I think basically what they're talking about is seeing a colored glow around a person. But by my definition aura is a feeling, influenced by the quality of a person's spirit. Like, some people just feel wrong and other people seem to project happiness or confidence or optimism.

I'm just repeating myself, aren't I? :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Tiria_Wildlough

Hmmm, this is an interesting topic.

Lady Ashenwyte

When I was alone at home once, I heard a cupboard door shut loudly and I was in my room with my door  locked with no one at home. The cupboard door was also shut when I went into my room.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Tiria_Wildlough

Lady Ashenwyte

Tiria_Wildlough

Some people hate me because my aunt was a killer. great-great-great-great aunt and on and on. they say that she's called Bloody Mary. But, I don't believe in ghosts or the supernatural coming back to life. So, it's hog wash to me.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Tiria_Wildlough on January 18, 2015, 01:48:24 AM
Some people hate me because my aunt was a killer. great-great-great-great aunt and on and on. they say that she's called Bloody Mary. But, I don't believe in ghosts or the supernatural coming back to life. So, it's hog wash to me.

Wait, what?