News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Continuity errors

Started by Janglur Swifteye, August 18, 2011, 09:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janglur Swifteye

Has anyone noticed that baby Buffle (Loamhedge), the shrewbabe, is a mousebabe at the end of the book? Does anyone have anymore examples like these?

Nightfire

Killconey was called a girl once or twice, when it is clearly stated in the rest of the book that he is a boy.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lutra

Quote from: Nightfire on August 18, 2011, 10:42:58 PM
Killconey was called a girl once or twice, when it is clearly stated in the rest of the book that he is a boy.

This is the only one I've ever actually seen.  I believe Mr. Jacques confirmed it as a printing error.  I do wonder if the newer publications have this fixed so Killconey is 100% male. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Janglur Swifteye on August 18, 2011, 09:48:53 PM
Has anyone noticed that baby Buffle (Loamhedge), the shrewbabe, is a mousebabe at the end of the book? Does anyone have anymore examples like these?

Ha' dae ye ken tha' there waznae both a zhrew an' a mouze by the name of Buffle?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tiria Wildlough

There is a shrew in Pearls of Lutra called Trimp, and also the hedgehog maid in The Legend of Luke.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 19, 2011, 07:38:04 AM
There is a shrew in Pearls of Lutra called Trimp, and also the hedgehog maid in The Legend of Luke.

I'm not positive that would make it a continuity error though.  Using the same name in two different books isn't a mistake in my book....maybe he liked the name and reused it.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Gonff

Quote from: Lutra on August 19, 2011, 12:04:28 PM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 19, 2011, 07:38:04 AM

I'm not positive that would make it a continuity error though.  Using the same name in two different books isn't a mistake in my book....maybe he liked the name and reused it.

I think Tiria was referring to the post before that:

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 19, 2011, 02:45:26 AM

Ha' dae ye ken tha' there waznae both a zhrew an' a mouze by the name of Buffle?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

daskar666

Killconey switched genders.
Vilu Daskar was referred to as a weasel at one point.
Zwilt the Shade was referred to as a polecat in one of the chapters.
In MTW the Gawtrybe chieftain's name changed from Wakk to Wakka.
Loamhenge changed to Loamhedge.
Pakatugg was referred to as a hedgehog.
Theres prob more that I can't remember.

Vulpin

Quote from: daskar666 on August 19, 2011, 07:52:21 PM
Zwilt the Shade was referred to as a polecat in one of the others.

So i am not going creazy then, that accually happened. At first i thought Killconey was male, then it turns out it was female, then as it turns out again, it was male. I am confused as to how the publisher [let alone the writter] missed it... even tho killconey is a minor character.

Janglur Swifteye

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 19, 2011, 02:45:26 AM

'Cause they talk in the same way, so it ccan't be two different babes, because buffle had that unique style of talking.

Tiria Wildlough

Diggum the molemaid is female in Pearls of Lutra adn male in The Long Patrol. :P Weeeird.... ???
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

In Mossflower instead of putting Blacktooth, Jacques put Blacknose. Easy mistake.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Log-a-Log

Quote from: daskar666 on August 19, 2011, 07:52:21 PM
Zwilt the Shade was referred to as a polecat in one of the chapters.
The only one I can remember noticing was the Wakk and Wakka one from Martin the Warrior. I didn't realize that there was this many errors
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

I was reading Rakkety Tam the other day, and at one point it called Didjety a shrewwife, even though she is a vole...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Osu

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 24, 2011, 06:15:12 PM
I was reading Rakkety Tam the other day, and at one point it called Didjety a shrewwife, even though she is a vole...
NOWAY! How could I miss this, it's one of my favorite books! D': Do you perhaps remember what chapter it was in?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.