The Epic of the Golden Tomb

Started by Unimaginative, August 21, 2014, 01:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Cornflower MM

Dannflower Reguba

I was just thinking, Saerilla has spent a long time in the city, if any of the other characters here have been here for long at all there's very little chance I wouldn't know them. I should certainly know Hirdglin, and I wouldn't be surprised if I should know somebeast else. Iz, do you have an issue with our characters being acquainted with one another?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Izeroth

Ok. While Hirdglin isn't personally acquainted with Saerilla, she's definitely seen him in the past.

Dannflower Reguba

Gosh darn it Corn! Give me something to work with!  ::) That's twice in a row you've back me into a corner! What am I supposed to say, you haven't asked a question, you haven't closed a conversation, you haven't taken an action, you just answered. It's extremely difficult to post with much quality when I've got nothing to respond to.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

I'm sorry, Dan, but I have to say you're not the most helpful either sometimes! I work with what I get!

Jasper

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 17, 2014, 05:09:17 PM
I'm sorry, Dan, but I have to say you're not the most helpful either sometimes! I work with what I get!

Just read through everything he has written; there really is a lot there. There's not much more he could have done other than make a big important move or write an extra paragraph. Extra length isn't overly helpful during a conversation though, so I'd say he's done the best one could possibly do in the circumstances.

My advice is to add just a little bit more to your responses. Give him something - anything - to go on. A conversation with one side writing full paragraphs and the other writing single lines is very difficult to keep alive.
make sure you are going somewhere with your post merely answering a question or making a statement isn't giving you partner much to go on. A very short length is ok, as long as it opens the door for someone else to post right after you.

I'm not criticizing or anything like that, just giving my personal opinion and advice in hopes of picking this RP back up a little bit.

Dannflower Reguba

Quick tip to follow up on what Jasper said, ASK A QUESTION. If you've got nothing left, you can generally ask a question, especially when in the middle of a conversation. Sometimes it's hard to find the right one, but it's worth the effort because the person responding is going to have a much easier time in giving you something in return.

The obvious exception would be when one is interrogating or otherwise questioning another.

Cornflower MM

I do my best! Is it not enough that I have to take care of five other kids, which is hard enough without broken ribs, and then do this?! I try the hardest I can, but I have other RPs too, plus other responsibilities. Now, can we be done playing Let's-Rag-On-Corn?! Because I'm getting pretty dang sick of it.

Dannflower Reguba

We're not ragging on you Corn, we're offering advice that we've drawn from our experience to try and improve the quality of posts made by anyone who reads our suggestions. Fluidity is extremely important, and conversations provide a lot of difficulty in this area. I don't know how long Jasper's been at this, but I've been RP'ing for some 3 or so years, so I've got a lot of experience at this. If I'm not mistaken, you're first RP'ing was also on this site, which you joined well after I did. You've got a ton of potential, and we're both trying to help you dig it up and use as much of it as you can. We've all got real-life complications to balance, we understand that, but just try and calm down okay? No one ever questioned your capabilities, everything said was said with all good intentions.  :)

Jasper

I specifically stated I was merely advising you on a way to improve your posts to keep the rp flowing. This is not rag on corn, this is help corn out.

On a side note: we are all very busy people I'm sure - just do the best you can and hopefully improve a bit.

:)

I second dan and his statements. We're not criticizing you, or questioning your abilities, merely advising you on how to improve them.

Dannflower Reguba

Just a note for everyone, I'm not dipping out of the RP, I fully intend to come back. Just trying to flesh out the RP as much as I can.  ;)

Dannflower Reguba

HEY! GUYS! Lets keep this thing rolling! This RP has some awesome potential, and I don't want to see it wasted. Oh, and sry for dooblay post.  :P

Cornflower MM