News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Welcome, to the Barkhills

Started by The Skarzs, August 21, 2014, 10:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Vrungin watched from behind a tree as one of the foreigners, the otter, began walking directly towards where they hid. He thought silently to himself, looking back at the unconscious form of Lord Drungren. "Lay low," he said suddenly to his creatures, who obeyed wordlessly. The wolf was still, listening intently for footsteps; when they did come, he waited until the walked right next to him, and he struck.
Clang!
Vrungin's metal cane hit Garan's pike-paw, and the otter bounced back. "What- ?!" The wolf didn't wait, striking again at the otter's head, who slumped to the ground. His followers stood up, coming closer to their master. "Tie him up and bring him along," ordered the wolf. He noticed Jackdaw following, and motioned to him to join them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jasper

Jackaw quickly joined the procession.
"I was followin' him to make sure he didn't find anything. Looks as though you lot found him before he found you though, har har! These blasted newcomers really are becoming a problem. Another one of 'em, a ferret, was causin' trouble up on the wall with me earlier."

Gwen A. Mouse

Relieved to have gotten off so lightly, Ginny put away her axe and got off the wall. She nodded respectfully to the rat- no need to be rude, as he was only doing his job. "Aye, sir. You won't have any problems with me."

Unfortunately, Jackaw was long gone. Ginny thought about trying to follow him, but decided against it. Even if the rat left a clear trail, it wasn't a good idea to go running after him now that his guard was up. So she turned and headed back to the banquet hall in disgust.

There, she was surprised to find the other Mossflower beasts gone. Had they been taken as well?

((OOC: Is Karn still in the hall, or did he move somewhere else?))
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

OOC: what would I be doing right now if I wasn't in the hall?

The Skarzs

OOC: Karn sent a servant to show you all to rooms, but you could wander around if you wish. (Of course, if you want him to find out Garan is gone feel free)

BIC: Karn watched Ginny come in. "Where have you been?" He asked, his paws behind his back. "If you could tell somebeast else when you wander around, it would be good, just in case something happens."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

Ashtail walked into the hall, having just sharpened his sword and cleaned his chainmail tunic. "Is Garan outside? I had thought I should talk to him to see what the plan is for these next few days."

Cornflower MM

After being shown to her room, Arya had freshened up a little, laid down on the simple bed, and started to think. They'd need a bit of strategy if they were going to get Lord Drungen back, after.

The Skarzs

Karn looked towards Ashtail. "I saw him leave out the main door, the one we entered through. I was unable to speak to him before he exited."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vrungin gave the order to leave, and the group began heading east. "We'll meet the others along the way; hurry, before any others find us!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jasper

Trillo returned to the hall just behind Ashtail.
"I can't find Garan anywhere! I checked his room and it was completely empty. It looks as though he barely stayed there at all. His belongings are missing and the window is open. What could have happened?"

Gwen A. Mouse

"Where have you been? If you could tell somebeast else when you wander around, it would be good, just in case something happens."

Karn was still here- that was a relief. Ginny was about to answer when Ashtail and Trillo entered. Both had questions about Garan. Had he gone missing? The jill sighed and began trying to disperse the worry that was welling up inside. Her day was rapidly deteriorating.

Perhaps the Captain just went for a walk, to clear his head. He's well able to handle himself. There should be no cause for worry...

Yet worry she did. Ginny turned to Trillo, trying to hide her doubts behind a reassuring (if weary) smile. "Karn saw him leave through the main door- it may be that he just needed some air."

Then she focused her attention back on Karn. "I apologize for running off like that, sir. The guard that entered just before the attack... he seemed rather suspicious. He was calm throughout, and left directly afterwards. So I followed him in hope of learning about the attack or bringing him back here. Unfortunately, he got away."

Hopefully even that much information would help shed some light on the situation. Maybe it hadn't been just the one guard who was disloyal...
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

The Skarzs

"I wouldn't doubt that there are some soldiers who have turned; Vrungin must have had help from several creatures here, for he has managed to capture nearly all the Hammer warriors." The cougar began walking out the door. "Let us find out if anyone has seen Captain Garan."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Arya had grown tired of laying on her bed, and was trying to find her way to the table - She hadn't really eaten much. The she bumped into the coyote - Wasn't his name Dain something? "Oh, I'm sorry sir." She said,. "Oh, but the fault is mine, miss. You're with the Mossflowerians?" He asked, and she nodded. Soon, they were having a nice conversation and walked towards the dining room.

The Skarzs

Karn heard Arya and Dain conversing, and stopped until he could see them. "Have either of you two seen Captain Garan?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garan was still completely unconscious, being dragged along between a squirrel and a rat. Vrungin halted suddenly, listening and watching, before breaking into a clearing in the trees. In this clearing a late force guarded a smaller amount of cats; the Hammer warriors and the wolf guards. "Good," said Vrungin, smiling. "Let's get a move on."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Arya stopped, and a surprised look crossed her features. "No, sir. Is something wrong?"