Welcome, to the Barkhills

Started by The Skarzs, August 21, 2014, 10:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen A. Mouse

Ginny nodded, smiling, at Ashtail's observation, then went to talk to some of the guards. Soon she'd managed to wheedle a pack of supplies and equipment out of the Quartermaster (after proving her competence and assuring him that she would carry her pack without complaint).

Then she lined up in the back of the ranks. It was time to get the captain back. And if they managed to bring down his assailants while they did so, so much the better.
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Cornflower MM

Dain managed to grab two packls - One for himself, and one for that Arya squirrel, who was either lost, or a slowpoke. Just then, she came hurrying into the hall, carrying a sword and a bow. He walked over and handed her a pack. "Here." He grunted. "Thanks." Arya said breathlessly, taking her place beside Ginny. "Hullo, Ginny."

The Skarzs

Karn was making sure the last straggling soldiers were forming up before passing by the Mossflower creatures. "Stay close, friends; the Barkhills can be more dangerous than you might realize. I hope this will help reunite you to your captain."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

The Skarzs

OOC: As soon as Izeroth and Jasper get a chance to post again, then they'll be off.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

Ashtail went into the ranks with the regular soldiers, taking care to stand a few rows back. If the soldiers had to charge, he didn't want to be in the very front.

Jasper

Trillo moved towards the front, near Karn; he wanted to be the first one to see the captain.
"Aye, I'll stay close. No telling what could be out there given what we've already run into. Whatever it is, I'll be ready."
Trillo took several seconds to stare at Karn judgmentally.
"I hope you will also be ready. Thus far you have not been, and our lives are in your hands."

The Skarzs

Karn held back his tongue; had it been one of his soldiers, he would have given the brash mouse a lecture as to how there was no real way he could have foreseen the kidnapping or any of the events that happened. "Caution is a better word," he growled. "Don't do anything foolhardy, for your and everyone's sakes."
He turned to his soldiers, about two-hundred in total. "We move fast and hard east! We'll be using the path-roads because of our large numbers, but that doesn't mean it will be easier. We are at Cold Keep in two days!" The cougar started the march, the Rakarian soldiers following immediately behind.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

Ashtail shouted out from where he was standing, directing his words at Karn. "Sir, I suggest that we pick up some peasants from the farms around here. They wouldn't be very skilled, but they would swell our numbers and, if nothing else, create a distraction."

The Skarzs

A opossum to Ashtail's left spoke to the ferret. "No need. Look! Several of the farmers and workers are standing ready, waiting for us to pass. They are the Homeguard; they fight as volunteers, not drafted creatures. They are highly respected for taking up both the importance of manual labor and fighting for their lord." Karn let the soldier explain, watching the Homeguard beasts gather, saying farewell to their families, if they had them, or coming from buildings buckling on sword and armor.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gwen A. Mouse

Ginny looked up, startled, at the greeting from Arya. The squirrel seemed as though she was being not only polite but friendly.

Well, perhaps. Of course, it simply wouldn't do for a vermin to start thinking that a relationship with woodlanders could be anything more than reluctant, temporary allies, a bitter voice griped in her thoughts. The jill shook it off for now. Until the woodlanders gave her reason to stop, she would be friendly to them.

Ginny flashed a small, tense smile at Arya as Karn gave the orders to move out. "I hope the Captain is safe. Wind and waves bring him home safe," she murmured.
"You need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of me there and the caption'll read 'over my dead body'!" -The Doctor

Cornflower MM

Arya nodded in agreement. "Aye. Although we squirrels have a slightly differnet way of saying that, it means the same thing." She said, her voice warm as she marched.
--------------------------
Dain was up near the very front, noting all around him with eyes that took in as much as they could. It was nice to see the Homeguard willingly doing this, although the sight of them saying good-bye to their families if they had them tugged at the coyote's heartstrings.

The Skarzs

Vrungin's force was eating up the ground between them and Rakar, though it would still not be at least until evening of the next day that they would arrive at Cold Keep. The wolf could hear the breath of his soldiers coming ragged from their throats, so he called a five minute halt. Vrungin sat on a moss-covered stone, thinking about his next move as he rested.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jasper

Trillo was a highly competitive and foolhardy creature. Eager to find his captain, he urged the soldiers along the front onward, doing his best to out stride even the fastest ones. In his mind this would demonstrate his personal zeal to rescue the captain. It was not long before he had nearly run himself into the dirt below his feet. Panting slightly, but making a valiant attempt to hide it, he dropped back in the ranks until he was alongside Arya and Ginny. Remembering the conversation from earlier, he glanced around the home guard eagerly. It was not long until he found what he was looking for: a large, solitary (and quite muscular) male squirrel. Grinning, he nudged Arya and nodded towards the squirrel. Remembering his truce with Ginny, he decided (probably very wisely) not to point out a tough looking ferret soldier marching two rows forward and three ranks to the left of Arya.

Cornflower MM

Arya looked shocked, and threw a punch at Trillo's stomach. "No. No, no, no, NO!" She hissed.