What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

*sigh*

War and Peace by Tolstoy, Northanger Abbey by *shudder* Jane Austin, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle, Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe, and various books in  the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series.

*Whew*

That's a lot of books. I have to read Northanger Abbey for school, and I am doing my best to read War and Peace as a classic- but it is majorly confusing if you don't know French and the circumstances of Russia during the times.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

War and Peace might be interesting to start reading...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Mask

I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Søren

I was reading Anne Frank, but I finished. That was the last book I've read.

I'm retired from the forum

Faiyloe

I am still reading the Sillmerilion and I just started rereading Mattimeo.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

The Last Olympian. (Last of the PJatO series.)

Jetthebinturong

Not really a book but Batman: Death of the Family, I never realised how truly twisted the Joker is, the films, games and shows REALLY tone him down

The Mask

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 29, 2014, 08:07:42 PM
Not really a book but Batman: Death of the Family, I never realised how truly twisted the Joker is, the films, games and shows REALLY tone him down
Read the Killing Joke.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Jetthebinturong

Not really reading but it only just occurred to me yesterday to listen to audiobooks of the books I wanted to read but couldn't get, currently listening to Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero

Cornflower MM

Quote from: SilentSam on November 03, 2014, 11:43:59 PM
I'm reading...... Mossflower   :D

That's my favorite Redwall book!

I'm reading Legend of Luke again.

Maudie

I'm currently rereading The Brotherband Chronicles due to lack of unread material within my dwelling. *Sigh* our library is the worst.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Delthion

I've read that.

I am currently reading the Ecclesiastical History of the English People.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ungatt Trunn

I'm currently reading LotR. And I actually find it better than the movies...

Life is too short to rush through it.