News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

The movies are good, the books are near perfection!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Russano the Wise

Right now I'm reading Last of the Breed by Lois L'Amour and The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Rusvul

MeadowR

The Further Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes (one of the books on the non-Conan-Doyle range, anyway)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Jetthebinturong

The Magician by Michael Scott. Since I've read every book I have, this is a reread. I'm getting new books for Christmas though. I suppose I should read the Skulduggery Pleasant series again in preparation for The Dying of the Light
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

Quote from: Russano the Wise on December 13, 2014, 06:55:27 AM
Right now I'm reading Last of the Breed by Lois L'Amour and The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe.
I'm trying to read Last of the Breed, I just haven't got started yet.
I'm also reading The Swift Programming Language

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

Maudie

I just started Specials by Scott Westerfeld. Dangit, Scotty, why are you so gifted? I was screaming in silent frustration and agony when I finished Pretties. Not cool, Scotty. Not cool. But very addicting.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jetthebinturong

I'm getting Afterworlds Christmas, he sounds like a good author, and Afterworlds sounds the most interesting to me

Still reading The Sorceress

Ungatt Trunn

LotR still.... And I'love probably still be reading it for a while longer...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Maudie

Aaaand I finished reading Specials in an hour. It's 350 pages. What am I? Some kind of freak?  :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Delthion

No, you're not, I read 96 Herodotus' "Histories" in about an hour, it was a very thick and tall book, so there were a lot of words. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

I keep finding it hard to sit down and read a book. The closest thing that I can get is a ebook. That's about all that I read on. Does anybody else use eBooks, or is it all paper for you?

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

I'm reading my dad's book, Song of Ages: The Best of Men, on his Kindle and I read Prince of Thorns on Kindle but other than that, it's all physical copies

Still on The Sorceress