News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

Now I'm reading The Mark of Athena. So far, so good.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

MeadowR

Mossflower! :D I was meant to be reading through them all in chronological order again but had quite a gap between Martin and this one. Mossflower was one of my favourites years back so it shall be interesting to see if I still think this.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Banya

Jukka the Sling

I'm in the first chapter of The Return of the King.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Kitsune

Eulaliaaa!

I'm in the middle of reading Marlfox... again  ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on February 13, 2015, 06:15:23 PM
The Night Circus

I got that for Christmas, is it good?

Currently re-reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

It is really good. What book genre do you like? If you tell me, I can say if you would like The Night Circus.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Mostly fantasy but if the books are good enough, I'll read any genre
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Delthion

I just finished "The Song of Roland" and I am about to start "The History of the Kings of Britain" by Geoffrey of Monmouth.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Wot, wot!

"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Banya

I just opened up Lord Brocktree.  It's been years.