News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White One6193

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on March 09, 2015, 03:03:38 AM
I finished TRotK the other day, and am currently reading The Silmarillion (which I actually began before I was completely done with TRotK). I'm reading it straight through, but also flipping ahead and reading snippets of it. Some parts are pretty dark and violent, but it's awesome.

The Silmarillion is great. Especially Feanor, the greatest Elf to ever Elf.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

I don't remember the Silmarillion well enough. Fingolfin (spelling?) was great, so were his sons. So was the leader of the Elves in the huge battle between Morgoth and Elves, Dwarves, and Men towards the end of his freedom. I forget his name though.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Delthion on March 21, 2015, 01:55:21 PM
I don't remember the Silmarillion well enough. Fingolfin (spelling?) was great, so were his sons. So was the leader of the Elves in the huge battle between Morgoth and Elves, Dwarves, and Men towards the end of his freedom. I forget his name though.

I haven't read the Silmarillion yet. How is it like?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

In my opinion it's better than the trilogy.

Luftwaffles

I'm reading The Bible right now. I could use some peace.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Banya

Lady Ashenwyte

I just finished reading the Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi. Good books, I'd compare them with LOTR. (Or some newspaper would.)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

The Mask

Oh gosh, don't get me started on those things. I really disliked them.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Mask on March 23, 2015, 06:27:01 AM
Oh gosh, don't get me started on those things. I really disliked them.

They did have some flaws though. One being that you are told some thing and given no explanation why. Why did you dislike them?

The Mask

Well, the characters are plain sterotypes, the plot twists are kinda not-making-sense and the number of troops they use are all off. Also, using the gods is a nice touch and I like it, but man, you are gonna get so much hate.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Mask on March 23, 2015, 06:43:53 AM
Well, the characters are plain sterotypes, the plot twists are kinda not-making-sense and the number of troops they use are all off. Also, using the gods is a nice touch and I like it, but man, you are gonna get so much hate.

I agree with the army one, I'm not sure if 400,000 people could have lived in India before the Mahabharat. Also, there is a Facebook page called We hate Amish Tripathi.

Firehawke

going through the books in the Penderwicks series again, since the latest one just came out.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.