News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefire

I am now reading Anne of Ingleside. I love Anne! :)
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on April 25, 2012, 12:35:42 AM
What's Watership down about?
I'll give you a quick summary, but seriously read it. It's a great book. If you like Redwall you'll probably like this.

It's about rabbits. One of them, Fiver, is a seer. He suddenly sees in to the future and sees the destruction of their warrens at Sandleford. Nobody else but his brother, Hazel, believes him at first, but soon they gather together a group of "believers" so to speak and they escape. Along the way they come across many dangers until they come across Watership Down, where they decide to build a new warren. However, Hazel realizes they have no does (female rabbits) with them, meaning no children and no future for the warren once they die. A group of them go out to find another warren where they could ask to have some of their does. They come back extremely injured as the warren is very dangerous and lead by a cruel leader. So they begin to plan a "rescue mission" to steal some of the does (who want to leave).

It has plenty of other little stories about the rabbit version of Robin Hood in between and plenty of lapin language (like Guardians of Ga'Hoole). It's one of the best novels around. Just be careful though because it is probably a bit more violent than Redwall.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Nightfire

I just finished a Drawing Mythological Creatures book. I learned how to draw dragons, nightmares, minotaurs, centaurs, satyrs, and fairies.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Firehawke

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on April 21, 2012, 02:59:32 PM
Rereading Taggerung, and reading Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer for book club.

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed the first Theodore Boone book!  Hope you like it!

@Icefire...those books are great!  I love the character of Anne, too.  But I think I enjoy the books when she was younger more than the later ones.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

psybox

is that a sequel to Anne of green gables? 

Redwall Musician

I'm reading The Door in the Wall because I can't get my hands on Regina Doman's latest book! Those books are way too addicting.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Icefire

@psybox: Yes, it is! In fact, Anne of Ingleside is the 6th book in the series.

psybox

my brother was in a play adaption. (of the first)

Icefire

Quote from: psybox on April 25, 2012, 10:08:49 PM
my brother was in a play adaption. (of the first)
I have friends who are currently in a play adaption of the first! I'm so sad I can't go see it... :(

psybox

i'm reading around the world in eighty days by Jules Verne.

i am now reading the extraordinary education of Nicholas Benedict 

Firehawke

I'm waiting for the library to get the Nicholas Benedict book!

I'm currently reading (okay, listening) to "Little House in the Big Woods" by Laura Ingalls Wilder
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Flandor

Re-reading: Martin the Warrior and my Ultimate Xmen comic books.

Reading: Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Dannflower Reguba

Well just a moment ago I was reading some of Dannflor's crazy posts.
Does that count?  ;D :D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwall rules

Yah, go and boil your beak, General Pongo!!!

Said by someone from the book Mattimeo