News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Wisteria Wild Cat

I was reading Fly By Night, but I don't like it. So I'm going to start In the Shadow of a Rainbow.  :)
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Redwallfan7

I started to read The Hunger Games, but I put it down because it just didn't interest me. (Note: This comment was not meant to hurt anyone or cause any heated debate or fight. If some of you like the Hunger Games I will respect that.)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Icefire

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on June 05, 2012, 01:24:14 AM
I started to read The Hunger Games, but I put it down because it just didn't interest me. (Note: This comment was not meant to hurt anyone or cause any heated debate or fight. If some of you like the Hunger Games I will respect that.)
There are a lot of Hunger Games fans on here, but you aren't alone in the lack of interest/dislike/hatred of the series. :)
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Firehawke

I'm currently listening to Rakkety Tam (even as I type right now!)
As far as books in print, I'm reading the new book in the Adventurere's Wanted series
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Flandor

Mossflower.  I forgot how wonderful it is.  A classic.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Warriors is okay. Erin Hunter is a good author, but the Redwall books still beat them.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Yep, they're good, but Redwall is better. Now I'm reading some of the Guardians of Ga'hoole books. They're good.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

Guardians of Ga'Hoole is great. I recently finished number 9 in less than a day. They're good for that.

I just finished "The Fellowship of the Ring", and now I'm on to the next in the LOTR series, "The Two Towers". I also recently had to read "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck for school, and I finished that about a week ago, it was interesting, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Flandor

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 09, 2012, 05:55:27 AM
Guardians of Ga'Hoole is great. I recently finished number 9 in less than a day. They're good for that.

I just finished "The Fellowship of the Ring", and now I'm on to the next in the LOTR series, "The Two Towers". I also recently had to read "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck for school, and I finished that about a week ago, it was interesting, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it.

I have the first Ga'hoole book laying around at home.  I got it at a book fair a long time ago.  Is it worth a read?
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwaller

I read the first one and it's pretty good!

DanielofRedwall

Flandor, it is pretty good. It takes a bit of getting used to. The owl language is a bit strange and the themes can overwhelm you a bit at times. It's a good, quick read though. Of course I can't tell you what to like, so give it a try and form your own opinions.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwallfan7

I'm also reading an autobiography A lion called Christian, but it's kind of boring.