News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flandor

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 09, 2012, 02:11:05 PM
Flandor, it is pretty good. It takes a bit of getting used to. The owl language is a bit strange and the themes can overwhelm you a bit at times. It's a good, quick read though. Of course I can't tell you what to like, so give it a try and form your own opinions.

Good to know, thanks bud.  I'll see if I can dig up my copy.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Mad Maudie

black as night still! ugh i'm loosing my reading touch but i've been very sleepy lately.
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwallfan7

I really love Nicholas Spark's books. I'm only on my second, The Lucky One. I like how he mixes romance, friendship, and family. I'm sure this one will be a great read.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Bluestar's Prophecy from the Warrior's series.  I'm also waiting for The Sight from The Power of Three (also a Warrior's series).

You could say that I love cats...
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

cicizhang01

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM
At the moment I'm finishing off the Rogue Crew, which has taken me forever to finish!

What books are you reading, Redwall or not? Feel free to discuss them as well.

Same as me! Rogue Crew is a good book though, i finished the first subbook in one day (at school, hehe)
Call me Shadow, just a lone shadow in the quiet night...

Redwallfan7

I'm bumping this topic, I'm reading Wind in the willows by Kenneth Grahame. I remember seeing the movie and t.v series when I was younger, and I decided to give the book a try.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwaller

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

Quote from: Nightfire on April 25, 2012, 06:28:50 PM
I just finished a Drawing Mythological Creatures book. I learned how to draw dragons, nightmares, minotaurs, centaurs, satyrs, and fairies.

Was it Dragonart fantasy characters : how to draw fantastic beings and incredible creatures by Jessica Peffer?

The book I'm reading is called Dark River by Erin Hunter.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Rainshadow

I loved Doomwyte!  When I first read it though, I was so freaked out about the wytes.  When I found out what they were, I was like, "Oh, cool!"

Redwallfan7

I liked the ending in Doomwyte, but Martin the Warrior was better IMO

MatthiasMan

Redwallfan7

Re reading it, or reading it for the first time?