News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Rainshadow

Ugh, I really need to read more!  I'm still not done with Triss!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

I just finished the first book of The Hunger Games. It's awesome.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Rainshadow

Well, I finished Triss!  (Finally!)  Now I'm working on Yellowfang's Secret.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I finished Castaways of the Flying Dutchman! Now I'm on Seekers book two: Great Bear Lake by Erin Hunter.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

I went to Barnes and Noble and had a pumpkin latte (a big splurge for me right now) and sat and read their copy of Watership Down for hours today. 

That book makes my heart happy.  It's just one of the most perfect stories I've ever read.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Flandor on October 18, 2012, 07:52:20 AM
I went to Barnes and Noble and had a pumpkin latte (a big splurge for me right now) and sat and read their copy of Watership Down for hours today. 

That book makes my heart happy.  It's just one of the most perfect stories I've ever read.
I requested that book from the library! I can't wait to read it.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Ugh, Yellowfang's Secret is making me cry!  It's annoying how almost every single Warriors Super Edition book made me cry.  Crookedstar's Promise was the worst.  I love all of the books, but I could barely read.  My eyes would just tear up, and the next second I'd be bawling on my bed lol.

Oh, by the way, what is Watership Down about?

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 19, 2012, 06:56:30 PM
  Ugh, Yellowfang's Secret is making me cry!  It's annoying how almost every single Warriors Super Edition book made me cry.  Crookedstar's Promise was the worst.  I love all of the books, but I could barely read.  My eyes would just tear up, and the next second I'd be bawling on my bed lol.

Oh, by the way, what is Watership Down about?
It's like Redwall, except the main characters are rabbits.

DanielofRedwall

Actually, it's quite different from Redwall. The only real similarity is that there are anthropomorphic  characters, but I guess it is saying something that a lot of Redwall fans are fans of WSD as well. l mean, there are also humans, a dog, a cat...
Pretty much, it is about a rabbit who foresees the destruction of their warren and a small bunch of rabbits escape to start a new one.

Currently reading Redwall (the book) and Tales From Watership Down (a sort of sequel), and when I get the time The Coming of Hoole (I'll try read that in one day).
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on October 20, 2012, 12:44:09 AM
Actually, it's quite different from Redwall. The only real similarity is that there are anthropomorphic  characters, but I guess it is saying something that a lot of Redwall fans are fans of WSD as well. O l mean, there are also humans, a dog, a cat...
Pretty much, it is about a rabbit who foresees the destruction of their warren and a small bunch of rabbits escape to start a new one.
Oh.

phoenixfoden

im reading midnights sun by garry kilworth:a story of wolves.it is so awesome!

Flandor

Regarding Watership Down:

Yes, I'd have to say it's not much like Redwall at all.  The only thing the rabbits do that real rabbits don't is talk to one another and think a bit more.  It's set much more in our world, in 1972 Britain. 

That said it is still a FABULOUS book and a real classic, highly recommended to everyone who likes animals and good stories.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer