What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lily

DanielofRedwall

I literally just then finished White Fang, and it is a truly remarkable book. I can see why sone regard it higher then The Call of the Wild, I myself can't decide which one is better. I like the fact that Jack London delivers such a satisfying ending (won't ruin it for those who haven't read it), but still make it happy. The Call of the Wild has a satisfying ending as well, but it was so sad it brought me to tears.

Anyway, I'll now get started on reading Watership Down by Richard Adams.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

I recently finished the first two books in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and now am reading the Return of the King. ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Log-a-Log

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on October 09, 2011, 03:58:50 PM
I literally just then finished White Fang, and it is a truly remarkable book. I can see why sone regard it higher then The Call of the Wild, I myself can't decide which one is better. I like the fact that Jack London delivers such a satisfying ending (won't ruin it for those who haven't read it), but still make it happy. The Call of the Wild has a satisfying ending as well, but it was so sad it brought me to tears.

Anyway, I'll now get started on reading Watership Down by Richard Adams.
I liked Call of the Wild better, I think
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Nightfire

I finished the Return of the King, and am now delving deep into The Hobbit! ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Plugg Firetail

Hálig

I just finished The Son of Neptune, and am now reading The 13th Reality: The Blade of Shattered Hope. :D
Click here to visit my site!

Proud Doctor Who fan!

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Icefire

Hálig! I'm so jealous!!! I'm still waiting to get my greedy little hands on Son of Neptune! ;)
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

I'm not CURRENTLY reading any books, because I finished the Hobbit, but I'm about to start reading "The Silmarillion," by J.R.R. Tolkien.
And yes, I'm going on a Tolkien craze right now. Halig, you started it. ;D

Icefire

I LOVED the Silmarillion! Let me know what you think of it!

yeswonderful

I never could get into LoTR. Just not my sort of books. Many friends and family think there is something wrong with me because I don't like Tolkein's work. I don't think it's bad...it just feels like reading an encyclopedia far too often for my liking.

Now, HTML for Dummies, that's my kind of book. *coughs* Not really, but it's a necessary evil that I am partaking in at the moment to learn how to code websites. Woo!

And someone recently lent me The Hunger Games. I haven't started it yet, but hope to do so soon.
Like pirates? Want to be a classy vermin who wears a cravat and sails the high seas? Enjoy writing? Join the VI! http://rovl.org/vi
VI movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-1Q0htbfk&feature=youtu.be

Icefire

I just finished re-reading Eragon and am now starting Eldest in preperation for the publication of the 4th book!

Skalrag of Marshank

Oh, man, I LOVE The Hunger Games!!! I've read all three (well, half of the third...) books. They made me fell kind of sad, with all the pitting kids against each other stuff, but they are some of the best books I ever read. ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy